Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

Wasn’t he using it on diamond plate? I remember that :lol:

His Wash/Paint Correction videos have useful information in them though, I take everyone’s advice with a grain of salt, but having said that out of the hundreds of videos I’ve watched, forums I’ve read, and articles... he doesn’t try to sell you all these gimmicky pieces of shit like every other cocksucker who can’t even show a real before/after result because they’re too busy using camera/lighting tricks to make it look like the product they used is some snake oil miracle cream shit

After having seen most of his videos he knows a fair amount about what he’s doing, he just has that blue collar “If it didn’t work perfect out of the box it’s fucking garbage” thing going on, but me having grown up around that I get what he really means, and everything I’ve learned from him that I’ve actually tried has worked as good or better than I hoped for. You just have to use common sense and not treat it like a how to channel, because he doesn’t give how to’s, just just tells you what works for him, and what’s been a waste of money in his experience.

The powerball thing was just a case of wrong tool for the job, plus diamond plate is a motherfucker to deal with because it’s made to grip boots, of course it’s gonna eat a spinning foam ball.

R13

The other asshole
Welp, the 1500psi one is pretty much the same price as the 1600psi one now so I’m thinking about saying fuck it and getting a 2000psi for $179 :lol:

Trying to make up my mind here so I can get one soon because both of those bitches are dirty and the truck got some salt on it a few weeks ago

R13

The other asshole
Went with the 1500psi for now with a 4 year protection plan so if it fails I’ll get my money back. Decided not to go with a 2000 because of how sensitive ford’s black paint is.

Got that, 2 water magnets, 3 3-packs of meguiars microfiber cloths, and the trinova cannon. Should all be here by next Wednesday.

94RS

No fucks given.
Went with the 1500psi for now with a 4 year protection plan so if it fails I’ll get my money back. Decided not to go with a 2000 because of how sensitive ford’s black paint is.

Got that, 2 water magnets, 3 3-packs of meguiars microfiber cloths, and the trinova cannon. Should all be here by next Wednesday.
I've gotten those before. They're fine, but for the price I went with this :https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MM5XCH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A bit smaller, but works exactly the same.

R13

The other asshole
I was hoping it would be thick like the other Meg’s cloth I had. Thickest microfiber I’ve ever had

R13

The other asshole

Just need a day when it’s not below fucking freezing to try it out :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Got above freezing today supposedly... tried to do a quick test, but the water faucets are frozen :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
That's a stubby little foam cannon... How many oz/mL does it hold?

Oh, and it got down to 38 and pouring rain where I was today. Blower motor in the van died a few months ago also, so no heat either.... Still dressed like I always do while everyone else looked like Kenny from South Park :lol:

R13

The other asshole
The cocksucking blower motor resistor fucked up in my truck too while I was out with the gf and her friends on new years... 15 degrees outside and the fucking heat that’s not very good in the first place was useless :lol:

And it’s not little :lol: it holds damn near half a gallon. Doesn’t have any markings on the bottle or the amazon page or I’d tell you exact numbers, but it’s a big heavy bastard when it’s full :lol:

Edit: Here’s a pic from their website of it next to a gallon jug of soap

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
My whole a/c has been fucked up for the past year and a half or so.

The wiring to the fan speed switch is screwed up somewhere in the harness, so it keeps frying the switch in place and forces the fan speed to something lower than the low setting. That’s happened like 5 or 6 times now.

The blower has gone out like three times. Just won’t blow anything at all, no matter the setting or speed.

R13

The other asshole
I replaced the resistor literally about a month ago because my old one lost the 3rd fan speed which is my favorite, but I’m guessing the blower motor has an issue and is drawing too much power because the plug was melted and the new resistor is completely shot now, doesn’t work at all.

I’ll dig into it soon, that truck has never had good heat so I’m gonna flush the whole cooling system, heater core, then install a block heater because at 220k she grunts and makes bad noises when it’s bitter cold out, then I’m tearing the dash out to replace the blend door, and fix the damn fan issue so when weather gets bad, I’m not freezing my ass off, or destroying what’s left of those high mileage engine bearings.

R13

The other asshole
Must’ve just cheaped the fuck out on some of their climate systems. The 99, and the ‘00 fteenthousands we’ve had for near 10 years have never had an issue with their heat/ac/blower fans, but mine, and many others from the looks of the ferd forums have constant issues with broken blend doors, clogged heater cores, and shitty blower fans/resistors.

Hell my mom’s has never had the coolant changed and her truck has the best heat out of all of our vehicles aside from the GT.