Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, I was getting a double sided tape pad out of my amazon GoPro accessory bag and realized I have a bar mount that worked perfectly on the gun :lol:

But the video was shit because I was moving too fast so I’m not gonna post it :rolf:

Maybe tomorrow when I super clean my brother’s abandoned V6 crowdkiller.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, I was getting a double sided tape pad out of my amazon GoPro accessory bag and realized I have a bar mount that worked perfectly on the gun :lol:

But the video was s*** because I was moving too fast so I’m not gonna post it :rolf:

Maybe tomorrow when I super clean my brother’s abandoned V6 crowdkiller.
Doesn't one cancel out the other?

94RS

No fucks given.
I mean... I know it's got a supercharger, but even my Ecotec is more powerful than a V6 New Edge :lol:

R13

The other asshole
It’s not hard to be faster than an NA 3.8 V6 originally designed in the late 80s that’s in a 3200lb rwd chassis with a 3.27 axle ratio :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I mean sort of, that IS their chassis designation, but I was referring to the thunderbirds having the same 3.8 before the mustangs got them.

(Checked my facts, the Essex v6 was released in 82 in the granada)

So yeah, slow ass old shit :lol:

Although I will say the rebalanced redesign for ‘99 isn’t bad at 193hp. His had an intake issue a few years back and the shop deleted some kind of flow restrictors I believe they said between the head and the intake in the process of fixing it and even though it gets like 16mpg now it keeps up with the GT until about 45, and maxes out at about 95-100 :lol:

Of course the 2v is still a 13-14 second car at best so no one’s breaking records with our slow ass shit here :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Curious to see how the SS would do against a GT like yours. Supposedly they're mid 14 second cars stock. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I will say I’ve dragged a couple of stock GT’s in mine, not sure if it’s my exhaust setup, the fact that my engine is extremely healthy, or just a driver mod :lol: but it feels like I’m making at least 30 more whp than a stocker, or mine just pulls harder above 2k rpms.

How’s the powerband in the slowbalt? What range does it pull the hardest?

94RS

No fucks given.
Pretty much anything after 2k up to redline. I think boost is limited to 8-9psi until about 3500, then goes up to 12.5psi.

I will say that first gear is absolutely useless at anything more than 20% throttle, and second gear also likes to spin sometimes. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
So basically my GT :lol:

It’d probably be neck and neck with mine, might pull on a stocker, maybe even get a car length on it if it has an h-pipe, they weaken the top end pretty bad.

1st gear in my GT jumps and hops because it’s too short, you either have to let it idle-roll, or get on it and go to 2nd. It’s not a parking lot car, Skavenger won’t drive it out of the lot at cars & coffee :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I didn’t feel like doing the DSLR thing today, figured I’ll do that for the GT since you’re the only one that reads this shit and you have a red car as well

so here’s some more jizz cannon :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Two, wish I had two more :lol:

I think I’m gonna save it and get a turbine blower instead though. Worx has a decent corded one for about $60