CI Official DB2 Squad Thread

hondagirl16

Yeah haha.
I'm runnin the legend capsules and oem 55w bulbs. Cost me $1.88 at pick n pull lol.
Nice! We don't have a pick and pull where I live. We have auto wreckers but they charge a lot of money for things I can get from my boyfriend (since he works for a parts store) for much cheaper.
Next up: jdm one piece headlights! Maybe not for awhile but it's on my to-do list.

dlo253

Oh, well that sucks. Haha. The one over here though got bought out, so their prices have gone up a lot since I got those.
Yeah, I need one pieces too. Badly lol.

hondagirl16

Put my gsr on the dyno today and she ran 138 at the wheels, so nearly 160 at the flywheel. Pretty happy with that! Absolutely no mods done whatsoever, so that's pretty damn good!

CokeSlap

Put my gsr on the dyno today and she ran 138 at the wheels, so nearly 160 at the flywheel. Pretty happy with that! Absolutely no mods done whatsoever, so that's pretty damn good!
Loving it, welcome to our little club!

Been one busy semester for me but over the past year I have done mostly maintenance work to my little DB2 to keep her running like a champ as she is my daily.

In the past year:
- I have put a tad over 10k miles on my DB2
- Bought some snow tires for the OEM wheels
- Replaced a cracked radiator
- Had to get the a/c filled up twice, theres a leak somewhere and when the temp drops here in Nebraska the gas seems to leak out :(
- Had some clear coat and areas resprayed with a small amount of rust removed. This needs to be done again because the guy I took the car to did a s*** job and the paint has bubbled and I think I just want to get the whole car resprayed
-Went to China this summer to study abroad and while I was there my father (Ted as I always call him) found me a new interior drivers door handle and replaced it since mine cracked and was about to break off
-The Ted also had a small exhaust leak patched up and that a/c fixed again (this time there was a leak around the fill up nozzle at least thats what I think he told me)
- Replaced bushings with energy suspension master set and replaced just about every other damn bushing there is all in search of a terrible popping noise
-Took the car to several different mechanics to try and diagnose the popping noise. The guys at my local bucky's (BP) ended up finding it to be a worn ball joint and got it all replaced and no more horrendous noise :)
- New UCA - there was a legend one on for some reason..
- Small drop on some Tokico Illuminas and their springs (The deal on the combo was just waaaaay too good to pass up on) gave the car about an 1"-1.5" drop and could go a little lower but I am holding off on that to see how she gets through the snow right now
- Finally got the old gal some new shoes for the summer months :) That's where those white O.Z. rims came in 16"x7.5" with a +38 offset. I absolutely love how they fit and look on the aztec green pearl.
- Regular oil changes (duh)
- Fed a steady diet of premium
- Had to call up Acura and get that damn radio code!

Things to do:
- Looking into getting a tanabe medallion touring exhaust
- New air intake, haven't decided between SRI and CAI. Have been looking more into the K&N intake (Not looking for anything flashy)
- Get the seat belts fixed
- Possibly tint (Not sure how dark and mostly because I am tired of roasting in that greenhouse in the summer)
- Fix my passanger side corner marker due to it leaking. Haven't decided if I want to just replace it or try and reseal it
- Fix that a/c come summer
- Various little trim bits

Beyond that I have absolutely loved every second of my teg including all the little problems and noises she has made during this year and half or so that I have owned her. The day I bought her I had little to no experience with driving a manual but clearly I made it home with very little incident (killed it a handful of times). I spent the rest of that day and the next few weeks just driving around and practicing driving religiously. A year later I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on it and would like to get into auto-x since thats about all there is around and all the abuse I would want to dish on this car haha.

I had always been into cars but this has been the first car that is completely mine, my first manual car, the car that has truly made me fall in love with driving. I have always gone driving late at night just to clear my head of an eventful day and its always helped center me, and now with this 92 DB2 in the flashy AGP paint job with the white rims I cannot wait to go out and hit the road and just feel completely at home.

Sorry for the long post and the scatter brainedness of it all but hey, I think you can tell I would rather be writing this post than working on this 12 page term paper that I haven't started and is due in about 5 hours.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Canadian144

Hey all!
I'm new to the club so I just thought I'd say hey.
BIG Db2 fan here, and just picked one up a few weeks back. Man, she's a beaut!

105 original KM's on engine and body. You don't find minty db2's like this one anymore!
Holy hell, your GSR is clean...it's my DB2's twin! So jealous of BC roads.... mine came from Northern Ontario and the roads were brutal on her, lots of body work to be done.

Curious as to what number yours is out of the 650 we got for 92? IIRC mine is #579...

dlo253

Looks like you've been keepin busy cokeslap. Let's see a pic with those OZs.
I've done quite a bit to mine also, most of that info is in my build thread though.
All you Canadians, keep your eyes peeled for a manual seat belt swap and trim for me please.?

Canadian144

All you Canadians, keep your eyes peeled for a manual seat belt swap and trim for me please.?
I have a full spare set (minus the rear c-pillar as they were broken in the junkyard) but I'm trading them for a JDM armrest (since my GSR didn't come with one for some reason.....)

I'll let you know if I see another DA in the JY...

dlo253

Damn if you weren't trading them I would swoop em up. I mean, I really need the plastics. Damn near any Honda seat belt works. Whole set would be cool though. Keep me on your list man.

dlo253

Hey ya ol' bastards! Lol.
Yeah hondagirl brought the thread back to life haha.
How the rides doin?