Club Integra Cup (GT5)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
550 is too high, I honestly had more fun at 350hp.

RWD on those tracks will be a good challenge, that's why I only went with 400

speedin

The Transporter
550 is too high, I honestly had more fun at 350hp.

RWD on those tracks will be a good challenge, that's why I only went with 400
Oh for RWD yea id go back down to like 350-400. But for AWD, they can handle 550 easily. Really its only around 500+ they become challenging. I think AWD will be like 550 (have to see what the exact number will be still) and RWD will be the week after next with somewhere between 350 and 400.

Updated standings are up. ALOT of movement in the standings!!!!!!!!!!!

speedin

The Transporter
Save my two tracks for the RWD week

Maybe next week can have some rally tracks....
LOL, well I was going to run the ring next week.... Second track im thinking Deep Forest, its a BITCH in AWD, alot of quick change of direction and long sweepers that could punish a AWD.

And idk on the rally, GT rally physics suck. If anything a tarmac rally course.

Last edited:

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Yea all my practices were about 1-2 seconds faster than the actual race. But thats what happens with traffic and pressure. That NSX-R you had was QUICK! That was the car to be in tonight. That extra 40hp your NSX had really showed when we were up close and personal at Laguna. I think thats what was holding my car back that little bit, well that and Coy at Monza :evil:. That last part of the Laguna race was intense! you and me would spin at the same times and id be like "SHIT, just keep it on the track." But then second to last corner I dove into that little opening you left and that was it. TIGHT race...
Yeah that race was lots of FUN. :D That opening shouldn't have been there. lol. Took a bad line on the corner before and started losing control of the car a bit. You kept yours under control and made it count with that aggressive turn-in. Nice move. :thumbs up Have a feeling we're gonna have many more battles from here on out. :thumbs up Should be fun.

I don't really think the power difference was all that great really. Yes, my Type-R had an additional 40 hp, but it also weighed 100 kg more. Power to weight ratios were nearly identical. Yours was actually a little bit better:

Yours: 420hp/1000kg = 0.420 hp/kg
Mine: 460hp/1100kg = 0.418 hp/kg

I noticed we took somewhat different lines. Yours allowed you to track faster into the corner, but I came out a little faster. It really became apparent when you passed me for a moment on lap 6. I was behind you on the corner before the corkscrew. When we came out I was going probably 10 mph faster, which made it fairly easy to pass you on the straight leading up to the corkscrew. Your rear end swung out coming out of the corner, minimizing your ability to put your power down. I kept the back end down by using a slightly different line. You pulled away going in, but I was able to put the power down faster coming out of the corner.

In the end it all came down to the fact that you drove better than me. I was a bit quicker, but made more mistakes. Just pushed the car a bit too much for my abilities. Sure was a heck of a lot of fun though.

If you'd like to see what the type R is like I could send it over to you. Did a lot of suspension work to get it the way it is. Perfect for my driving style, but might be a little too loose in the rear for some.

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
I don't really think the power difference was all that great really. Yes, my Type-R had an additional 40 hp, but it also weighed 100 kg more. Power to weight ratios were nearly identical. Yours was actually a little bit better:

Yours: 420hp/1000kg = 0.420 hp/kg
Mine: 460hp/1100kg = 0.418 hp/kg

I noticed we took somewhat different lines. Yours allowed you to track faster into the corner, but I came out a little faster. It really became apparent when you passed me for a moment on lap 6. I was behind you on the corner before the corkscrew. When we came out I was going probably 10 mph faster, which made it fairly easy to pass you on the straight leading up to the corkscrew. Your rear end swung out coming out of the corner, minimizing your ability to put your power down. I kept the back end down by using a slightly different line. You pulled away going in, but I was able to put the power down faster coming out of the corner.
My exact numbers are 415 and 1056, so its roughly .4 hp/kg. I tend to round when talking, lol. Yea we were on different lines. I also was having traction issues on Laguna coming out of the corners. Couldnt get the power down, ended up just pedaling the throttle. Yea that spot on Lap 6 had me like WTF! You blew right by me. But on the straights I could see you walk away a bit. Really the cars were REALLY close, I mean im probably splitting hairs and have some of the "grass is greener" effect. It sucks I couldnt see how I could do against you on Monza, I was getting some 1:48 times on there, but I got spun out a few times. Monza was the track I set my car up for, it was supposed to be the ace in the hole.

I think a NSX battle will have to be done in an upcoming week...

Last edited:

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
My exact numbers are 415 and 1056, so its roughly .4 hp/kg. I tend to round when talking, lol. Yea we were on different lines. I also was having traction issues on Laguna coming out of the corners. Couldnt get the power down, ended up just pedaling the throttle. Yea that spot on Lap 6 had me like WTF! You blew right by me. But on the straights I could see you walk away a bit. Really the cars were REALLY close, I mean im probably splitting hairs and have some of the "grass is greener" effect. It sucks I couldnt see how I could do against you on Monza, I was getting some 1:48 times on there, but I got spun out a few times. Monza was the track I set my car up for, it was supposed to be the ace in the hole.
Oh ok. Yeah I had the power advantage then. Still didn't win. :lol: :roll: In that case I do think I had the car to beat. You can be a bit more aggressive with the settings for Monza. Like you were saying, it was hard to get traction coming out of corners on Laguna Seca with Monza settings.

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Oh ok. Yeah I had the power advantage then. Still didn't win. :lol: :roll: In that case I do think I had the car to beat. You can be a bit more aggressive with the settings for Monza. Like you were saying, it was hard to get traction coming out of corners on Laguna Seca with Monza settings.
Yea I saw you squirming as well coming out of some of the corners in front of me. To be honest I dont like Laguna, but it was the best challenge for the week. I tend to have my cars very aggressively set-up, I like them to be a bit twitchy and on edge. Downside is it can go wrong easily, and with settings like that it tends to. Basically I set my cars set-up for time attack.

speedin

The Transporter
I set my cars up so they can dodge Coy spinning in front of me....
Honestly that is the best strategy. He can take out an entire field! I mean just look at my standings for the past 4 races then look at Monza, thats what happens when you race next to Coy for too long, LOL. I mean I was on edge battling with Josh at the end of Laguna, but being next to Coy at Monza made every corner hard pounding. :lol:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you saw the first turn on the last lap of Laguna from my view.... Not sure how he missed me.

Oh and having damage set to heavy will make your car pretty difficult to drive if you hit anything. Until you pit to fix it..

speedin

The Transporter
If you saw the first turn on the last lap of Laguna from my view.... Not sure how he missed me.

Oh and having damage set to heavy will make your car pretty difficult to drive if you hit anything. Until you pit to fix it..
Yea 1st turn of Monza too, really almost every turn he comes in too hot. If he gets his braking zones down he will do fine. And damage would ruin coy, lol, but it will also ruin the first unlucky person he hits. :lol: