Cman's 1997 GSR Thread~Updated Often!

Cman46290

those mesh look good now that theyre cleaned up. i say keep em!
Yes.. i agree.. i think that i will just end up keeping them for a good while... I just really want a slight drop now to kill some of the space between the tire and wheel well....

I just need to find me some cheap lowering spirngs... even if someone have ITR springs.... i would take just a half inch to an inch drop on my stock struts... and i would be happy... :( sigh... it stinks not being able to spend my money on myself :evil: .... lol... i got paid this morning.... electronic direct deposit.... and ive already spent $600 of it before even leaving work.... sigh... and none of that was for anything but bills. SUCK!

But oh well... gotta take care of the family and bills first.... i really wanna get the wheel bearings/bushings in the front end done soon too... wish i knew someone in the St. Louis area with a shop i could use!

-Corey

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
noones a fan of the monster truck look on these but if your stock stuff is working fine i would say put your pennies in the engine

Cman46290

technically the springs and shocks seem fine...

it DEFINITELY needs control arm bushings/sway bar links/wheel bearings though... that shit is all SHOT.

And im tired of the "dart steering" and noise and clunking over bumps in the front end.

Once the suspension work is done... the time to get to the fun stuff :)

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

So Saturday i took my car to the local Honda dealer that i used to work at.... i changed out my trans fluid... which was quite black.... so i put some good and fresh HONDA MTF in there!

While i was under there i made sure to take a GOOD look at everything.... this was the first time ive gotten it on a lift since i bought it...

I already knew the lower control arm bushings were shot... didnt realize the right front side was so bad... but its BAD. You can grab the tire/wheel... and easily move it like an inch and make the control arm smack the frame.... the bushing is GONE basically... with just the bolt holding it there.... SOOO annoying!

I ordered my lower control arm bushings and sway bar links today from Summit--- ENERGY POLY bushings~

So after i get those... ill be planning a day to the side to get them get that all taken care of~

More to come!!

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

So yesterday on my way to work, i hear this AWEFUL squeeling from the rear.... and sure enough my right rear brake caliper locked up.... so i replaced the caliper and rear pads....bled the brakes.....and all is well for now.. havent driven enough to really know how its doing because i carpooled today with a friend to work... but the pedal seemed a slight bit spongy.... but i think i just need to give the pads time to seat on the rotor....because i didnt turn ther rotor or anything... it hadnt gotten metal to metal yet.

Last edited:

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

Got some presents in the mail today.... :)

And hmm... i wonder what it is....

AND WAALAA...

Got my energy suspension sway bar links, lower control arm bushings.... and a nice complimentary razor from Summit~

:) .... Install soon to come... cant wait!

-Corey

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

So the other day i washed my Teggy real good and took some pics.... after the pics i polished the heads/tails... but oh well... here are just some random shots from my crappy camera phone~

-Corey

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

Got my BOMZ short ram intake over the weekend.... installed it last night... here is a pic before the install... and ill post a pic after the install tomorrow... i didnt have my phone on me when i put it on.... so i didnt get a pic... here is the intake though.... pretty basic... though perfectly functional....and just what i wanted.... i got the hose for the PCV and the hardware too....

mirrorimg

Nice goodies. Bushings are a bitch and a half to install.
Unless you have a press. They are lifesavers.

Progress is looking good. A freshly washed car is always the nicest.

If you want to replace the majority of your bushings, I would suggest you get the complete bushing kit as you will save money on all the things you want to replace, and can sell the bushings you don't use afterwards.

Keep working on it little by little. No one ever finishes their car overnight.

Cman46290

Thanks fotr the comments guys... and yes i am not looking forward to doing the bushings this weekend... though my buddy is letting me use his garage.... and he has a press... and is a pretty decent honda tech.... so im hoping between his expertise and my own... we will get through it trouble free.

Here are a couple pics of the intake AFTER the install~

I had to cut a piece of the original metal pipe going to the PCV.... and use it to put between the 2 coolant lines... BOMZ didnt send me any kind of connector to connect the coolant lines that are connected to the same hose as the PCV.... the metal lines were basically one assembly... so i did some modification... and used a piece of the cut metal line to put between the 2 coolant lines and clamped them down so i could take out that stock double metal hose assembly.

here is the result.... they also sent me 2 mounting brackets... one like "L" shaped small one... with one hole in it... and one like 4 inch long with multiple holes in it.... BUT my intake tubing has NOWHERE to shrew it onto... anyone got ideas on how to secure this thing a litle better so it isnt so stressed when driving? I would hate for it to fall off... though i doubt it would...

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

Ok so over the weekend i did replace my 2 lower control arm bushings....i left the "A" arm big bushing alone.. they werent too bad....

It was not a fun job to say the least... and i didnt remember to take pics until the control arms were already out... but here is a couple pics... both sides with the control arms out...

and here is a pic of the body/frame bushings replaced... and the other BIG HOLE... is where the bishing is supposed to be that goes to the steering fork... BUT!!!!!! THE ENERGY KIT I BOUGHT DIDNT HAVE THESE!?!?!?!?! FML!

So i ordered MOOG bushings and put them in Sunday and finished it all up.... but here is a pic with the frame bishings replaced... and the fork bushings pressed out....

Last edited: