Colorado Meet 'Chat Thread'

Kinta94

who ever re uses a head gasket is stupid. its like using bearings again. spend the money and replace them don't say these are fine I'm going to re use a head gasket get everything installed and then found out that the gasket is not sealed properly.

Ill have head studs, head gasket, arp rod bols, new bearings, new water pump, new oil pump, new oil pan gasket, ect...
I have built a few motors before. The only thing I should do that I'm not going to is put new piston rings in because 1 I may upgrade my pistons later on if the sleeves don't crack, and two the sleeves may crack within the next year or so.

bradster101

once all of us do this then brad will n the slowest :p
Maybe but I plan on doing motor too lol... plus ud all still be gay so its kind of a win win for me
that boost flow kit looks really good for the price, really nice intercooler piping, manifold, and down pipe.... then you gotta pick up a hondata s300 for $400-$500 used, and a fuel pump, and fuel injectors, and then tuning for around $200-$400 minimum.... whos everyone going to tune with? jeremy? sam? someone else?
Yea I thought it looked like good quality and what all else would I need? I got a pretty good list go n but if you wanna make one so I know what I'm missing that'd be cool :rocker:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Also, swap to a manual. ;)
You're aware what that requires, right? lol, besides, auto FTW around town for sure lol
well theres a few people with automatic's that won't be able to turbo, unless they swap for a manual transmission... Well they could turbo with an auto, but they would destroy transmissions every few months....
I'm not planning on like, a ridiculous amount of boost, and i rarely drive the thing hard.
hahaha dude i would laugh sooo hard if cole ruined his transmission within the first 10hours of him being boosted
I completely forgot he was auto. but yeah Im getting arm rod bolts and head studs.
Hahaha shut up tyler lol

00DC2TW

Maybe but I plan on doing motor too lol... plus ud all still be gay so its kind of a win win for me

Yea I thought it looked like good quality and what all else would I need? I got a pretty good list go n but if you wanna make one so I know what I'm missing that'd be cool :rocker:
Well heres what I had, I pieced together my kit but heres all what you want to do to properly turbo a car, and not run into any bumps down the road

(prior to doing this about 5,000 miles before I had put on a timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and all seals around the timing belt.)

-Since I had a little single cam I bought a Used turbo off an evo
-Log manifold
-Adapter plate for evo to t3 manifold
-vacuum lines
-Oil lines (feed and return)
-Oil line T fitting adapter
-440cc RC fuel injectors
-Hondata/Omni map sensor (4bar)
-Hondata S300 installed in a obd1 p28 ECU (I was OBD2 so you have to go down in order to use hondata)
-Intercooler and piping kit
-ARP headstuds
-Had a custom downpipe made (only did this because I pieced together my kit and an evo turbo flange isnt very common
-tial 38mm wastegate
-Greddy Type RS blow off valve
-air filter
-ARP headstuds
-OEM honda Headgasket (works just fine with head studs, some people get the cometic 3 layer headgasket but OEM, works on mild applications)
-Dyno tuning time (mine only took around 2-3 Hours since it was just jumping from 130 WHP - 240HP)
-Oil pan/oil pan gasket (you only need a new oil pan if you want to have a oil pan that already has a oil return line bung welded into it, or you can just buy the bung for like $5 and weld it onto your oem pan)
-I already had 2.5" exhaust, which is small for a B series boosted engine, but I only had a 1.6L d series
-Competition Clutch (your stock clutch, or a brand new stock clutch will begin slipping relatively quickly after being boosted... Yes even at only 200 WHP a stock clutch will slip.) save yourself some time, and install it before you boost your car, so you dont have to be uninstalling your whole turbo kit when you need to drop the tranny out for a clutch.
-And you cant forget 5 quarts of oil and an OEM filter lol

***** I highly recommend against tuning with and piggyback products such as Apexi VAFC etc. Just spend the money on a Hondata s300 unit, or have hondata s300 installed into your ecu if you're already OBD1.

Heres a link w/ pics to my old boosted coupe: http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2387436

THE 3 main things people forget when thinking about boosting their car is:

-DYNO tuning which can be relatively pricey (usually a $90+/hour... But not sure Haven't had a car tuned in a while)
-Hondata/engine management which is around $725 installed already in a ECU so you can keep your stock ecu, or sell it.
-Fuel injectors

(also I trailered my car to get it tuned and didn't even turn it on until the shop was tuning it on a dyno. The reason for this is so I didnt melt pistons on the way to the shop because I was running so lean). Some people just drive their car, and do go into boost, but idk I would rather not take any chances and just trailer the car or tow it

I bought everything brand new except the turbo, but once I bought the turbo, I had it rebuilt by a turbo rebuilder.

Some people might ask why I didnt build the internals like rods, pistons, studs etc. But I researched the amount of horspower a stock D series single cam motor can hold reliably and it was around 250-260 HP. So with that being the case, I told the shop that tuned my car to tune to around 240HP, which ended up being around 11PSI on the little evo turbo, and the car was very reliable. I drove it for 30,000+ miles boosted, and only did oil changes....

Last edited:

00DC2TW

You're aware what that requires, right? lol, besides, auto FTW around town for sure lol

I'm not planning on like, a ridiculous amount of boost, and i rarely drive the thing hard.

Hahaha shut up tyler lol
whether you drive it hard or not, the auto trans was designed for around 120-130 WHP, and once you get over those numbers it will begin to slip... No point in spending all the money to boost the car and only do around 170 WHP so your tranny doesnt slip. Yeah Im aware of what it requires, it requires a new ECU, new transmission, tranny mount, Possibly axles (don't remember if teg's use the same axles for auto vs. manual),clutch kit...LS transmissions can be had for relatively cheap same with LS ecu's

BUT, on the other hand if you really really like the automatic just do low boost, buy a tranny cooler and maybe a newer/aftermarket torque converter if they even make them for auto integra's ...

who ever re uses a head gasket is stupid. its like using bearings again. spend the money and replace them don't say these are fine I'm going to re use a head gasket get everything installed and then found out that the gasket is not sealed properly.

Ill have head studs, head gasket, arp rod bols, new bearings, new water pump, new oil pump, new oil pan gasket, ect...
I have built a few motors before. The only thing I should do that I'm not going to is put new piston rings in because 1 I may upgrade my pistons later on if the sleeves don't crack, and two the sleeves may crack within the next year or so.
Lol yeah you would be surprised at some of the shit I have seen lol, people do some ghetto shit when in a pinch/dont have money lol

Last edited:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
So anyone up for some food and fun Tuesday night? Aka a meet? I was thinking in the Southlands area, I'd like to meet everyone

bradster101

Where at and what time? Is there anyway we could meet in castle rock or something? I really dont want to drive all the way up there again for food lol

Exit 186 works for me, middle of castle rock :rocker:

00DC2TW

So anyone up for some food and fun Tuesday night? Aka a meet? I was thinking in the Southlands area, I'd like to meet everyone
What kind of teg do you Have? southlands is like 5 minutes from me, I have probably seen you driving around

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Da, white, blue stripes, loud ass exhaust, one piece headlights, always bouncing off my limiter lol, it's off smoky hill road and e470, I was thinking around 8:30 or 9, work is kinda throwing some curve balls my way this week, I'll post further details in the meet thread, so check there :)

00DC2TW

Da, white, blue stripes, loud ass exhaust, one piece headlights, always bouncing off my limiter lol, it's off smoky hill road and e470, I was thinking around 8:30 or 9, work is kinda throwing some curve balls my way this week, I'll post further details in the meet thread, so check there :)
Im not gonna show up if the weather is really going to be like the forecast says its going to be with a high of 4 degrees for tuesday and a low of like -10.... lol and snow