Comfort Suspension need help

heykosal

Angkorian
Eibach prokit(lowers car 1.3 f/r) but rides amazing,wonbt bottom out and match with kyb shock is nice afortable set up. Look into that set up...it suits you best.
I bet Eibach's would ride nicely. Definitely harder than stock, but still comfortable. Maybe H&R's as well.
Thats what im getting, those springs with tokico blues
I saw a car around my way today that looks exactly like yours lol.
Stay with the stock suspension. Cheaper than adjustable performance and probably the best 'comfort' ride. I keep reading about all these owners who are lowering their cars. I have ground clearance problems getting in and out of my driveway with stock height. Lowering mine would be a disaster.
Speaking of staying stock, maybe going OEM Type-R would suit?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The most comfortable suspension is OEM. Once you go aftermarket, comfort goes out the window.

nabwong

Does the Kyb gr-2 or Koni Str.t have the same comfort as OEM?

ChrisTypeR408

I dont care about lowering the car at all, i mean hell its an integra its gonna be low enough regardless, i want the car to take bumps great on nasty roads not feel harsh driving, i drive my car everyday so i need appropraite suspension not lowered performance for everyday city driving and dont have money to spend on expensive prokits and shytt

i think eibach springs might be too low and tein s tech ima look into, noob question for the spring rate, the lower the number the softer?? or other way around..

@christyper408: you mean Konigs" or Konis? and, noob question, but whats ground controls??

i want comfort not lowered stiffness through nyc potholes,
The brand name is Koni. Ground controls are a type of adjustable spring, basically turns any shock into a coilover system.. But because you don't want ride height then you dont need these at all.. If you could afford these just get Koni Yellow Sport shocks and run them with stock springs... Or if you're on a budget then just get the stock suspension set up off craigslist or the for sale thread. That's if you want to be able to take a bump or whatever road condition... It came from the factory to handle that type of thing.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Does the Kyb gr-2 or Koni Str.t have the same comfort as OEM?
The KYB GR-2 is probably the closest thing to OEM comfort quality. Koni Sport (Yellow) are designed for spirited driving and some track use. They will feel stiffer than OEM.

heykosal

Angkorian
The most comfortable suspension is OEM. Once you go aftermarket, comfort goes out the window.
This is true.
You know, you read various tuning magazine articles featuring whatever car, with whatever super expensive suspension set-up, that say "handles great, honestly rides better than stock," which is straight crap. Matt is right, stock is the most comfortable and compliant suspension set-up you're going to be able to get.

How come you're trying to get aftermarket suspension if you're this concerned about the ride quality, but not handling/roadholding characteristics, or even lowering?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I HATED the ride quality of H&R sports, way to soft.... \prokits spring rates are as close to oem as they come.. ride quality is awesome but doesnt do anything for appearance. I swap my out within one week...lol

Godlike

Tires are the biggest dampening component on a car. Not your springs/ shocks. Cheap high mileage tires and low profile high performance tires w/ stiff sidewalls make a dramatic difference in ride comfort. Just something to keep in mind.

Afireinside

Tires are the biggest dampening component on a car. .
Are you sure about that? Tires do have some impact but they are hardly "the biggest dampening component"
Suspension will have a much bigger impact.
Stick with stock spring and kybs it will feel fine.
Good luck

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Are you sure about that? Tires do have some impact but they are hardly "the biggest dampening component"
Suspension will have a much bigger impact.
Stick with stock spring and kybs it will feel fine.
Good luck
Tires do effect ride quality i belive, i have some Rota slips with 195/50/15 and then have Rota track r that are slightly heavier with 205/50/15 and feel it smoother with the wider profile, my 2 cents

01TegLuv

Nah, type r suspension is stiff and made for racing, again i want comfort and everyday driveability through harsh NYC potholeridden roads

I bet Eibach's would ride nicely. Definitely harder than stock, but still comfortable. Maybe H&R's as well.

I saw a car around my way today that looks exactly like yours lol.

Speaking of staying stock, maybe going OEM Type-R would suit?

01TegLuv

who cares about appearance, you drive your corner, youre not gonna be looking at it from outside. youre gonna be inside the whole time, most important is the drivablity and feel inside the car then how look is looks, quality of you suspension and ability to take turns, remember too low and youll have clearance problems and beat up your shocks as well as damage your exhaust pipes, really low should be for track only not driving to supermarket to get some milk... idk thats what i think

I HATED the ride quality of H&R sports, way to soft.... \prokits spring rates are as close to oem as they come.. ride quality is awesome but doesnt do anything for appearance. I swap my out within one week...lol

01TegLuv

i think youre right, stock might be best, if that's what its meant for

The brand name is Koni. Ground controls are a type of adjustable spring, basically turns any shock into a coilover system.. But because you don't want ride height then you dont need these at all.. If you could afford these just get Koni Yellow Sport shocks and run them with stock springs... Or if you're on a budget then just get the stock suspension set up off craigslist or the for sale thread. That's if you want to be able to take a bump or whatever road condition... It came from the factory to handle that type of thing.

01TegLuv

money. budget, but stock might be best

This is true.
You know, you read various tuning magazine articles featuring whatever car, with whatever super expensive suspension set-up, that say "handles great, honestly rides better than stock," which is straight crap. Matt is right, stock is the most comfortable and compliant suspension set-up you're going to be able to get.

How come you're trying to get aftermarket suspension if you're this concerned about the ride quality, but not handling/roadholding characteristics, or even lowering?