Considering getting a teg

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Does it help, I never went into 5th unless it was over 45 and I got 24mpg and I drove city only.
My car needs a tune up really bad, so I can't really tell you at this moment. My logic is the lower the rpm, the more gas you save lol

Sent from my phone

mikehinkle

All I had read was below 50 in 5th gear tranny fluid doesn't reach the 5th gear because 5th is solo on its own and the lack of rpms keep the tranny fluid from reaching it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ryan659

I go in 5th at 30mph to save gas. This better not be true...

Sent from my phone
Your car must barely be above idle, lol. I usually only use 5th above 50mph and on roads with no/few lights. Otherwise it just seems like a lot of unnecessary shifting.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
^this, however, I'm hoping e everyone isn't a complete idiot and mashes the pedal down to accelerate in higher gears. When I'm in traffic going slow, I shift up till I run around 1500 rpms while barely touching the gas. This is for maintaining speed only. When traffic accelerates quickly, I down shift to keep up. Less throttle + lower rpms = more saved gas. Throttle to the floor + low rpms = wasted gas.

And whoever told you that running in 5th below 50 is bad for your tranny is full of shit. Probably heard it from a gas station clerk who just wants you to use more gas so you buy more...

mikehinkle

I actually had read the 5th gear thing on Google at a few places. Yeah I try to stay at least 800 rpms from idle speed now at all times. Only use 5th when cruizing or above 35 +

So which rims. My meshies or these.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk