Daddy Built Racing's Turbo H22 EG Coupe Build

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Not sure if builds have to be of the Integra variety only or not. I know Klutch has his new EG build on here so figure I might as well try it. If its an issue pm me please.

The car:
1995 Honda Civic EX

Engine:
H22a4
87.5mm Bore
Darton Sleeves with a KMS Block Gaurd welded in for extra strength
8.5:1 Wiesco Pistons
Eagle Rods (big bolt)
Balance Shaft Eliminated
Balanced Rotating Assembly
Blue Printed Bottom End
Stock Head
Modified H22 Intake Manifold (Butterflys Removed)

Drive Train:
H23 Transmission
8lb Fidanza Flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Interior:
Prelude Front Seats
Skunk2 Weighted Knob

Wheels/Tires/Suspension:
Tein Super Street Coilovers
Skunk2 Front Upper Strut Bar
Skunk2 Front/Rear Camber Kits
16" Rota GT3's (Gold w/Silver lip)
Falken Azenis RT-615 Rubber

Boost Setup:
Ebay GT35
3" Downpipe
STR Log Manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Greddy RS Blowoff Valve
Precision 680cc Injectors
Go-Autoworks Intercooler Piping Kit
Go-Autoworks Dual Core Radiator
Hondata s300

Oh yeah, came with complete GT35 turbo kit ;) I'll post all the specs on that stuff once I get done going through it all.

The story!!
My buddy has owned the car the last 9 years and originally started building it in hopes of a 700hp monster. Somewhere along the line he got back into racing go-karts, became a trucker and had a child. So basically life has taken over and his time is limited, thus the car was put on the back burner. Three years ago he got ahold of me asking if I would be interested in trading our pick up truck for this car. We said no thanks at the time, over the next 2+ years we kept talking about possibly trading, when I was wanting to he wasn't and vice versa. Earlier this week he contacted me saying, lets trade. I sent him a text back and said ok, lets do it. So after 3 years of talks, we have finally pulled the trigger.

The car was sprayed 2006 Dodge Blue, back in 06 by my Dad. The car has basically sat inside of a pull barn since that time. The motor was built by Dave Flemmings in Utica Ohio around the same time. Since then it has had 600 miles put on it. The wheels and tires have even less than that on em.

For now the main focus/goals for the car is to get it cleaned up as its dusty and dirty as hell. After that I plan on putting my ecu out of my Integra in it and loading up a H22 map to get it running properly til we can get it to the tuner. Just going to get a good all motor tune on it for the time being and get the wife used to driving it and get her some seat time at the race track just so she can learn to lights and how to launch. From there it will get the turbo kit put on and retuned, boost will be turned down and gradually turned up as she gets more comfortable handling power.

I will update with more pics as work/mods progress. For now here is a few shots I took today of it

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
So far the list of mods and things to do looks like this:

1. Full detailing to clean her up
2. Swap wheels/tires out with those that are on my Integra. The tires on the Civic are far from able to be daily'd on.
3. Remove old window tint. It has turned purple and is bubbling
4. Replace front windshield
5. Put my Hondata s300 in it and put a H22 map on it until we can get it to the tuners

Thats all for the imediate future. Once we get that stuff done then its game on

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well we brought the car home on Friday and it has sat since then haha. Over the weekend a nice snowfall accumulated so for now the car is going to sit and remain untouched until it warms up a tad.

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Is that a Garrett turbo? Its looks funny.
And why so low on the compression? Gonna be a dog off boost.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Ok OP i was like man that blue is kinda ugly, now in the outside pic with the sun hitting it that blue looks dope. I've been toying with the idea of a H22 or G23. In for this build, seem like its already moving in a good direction.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Is that a Garrett turbo? Its looks funny.
And why so low on the compression? Gonna be a dog off boost.
Ebay turbo (previous owners choice not mine)

Previous owner chose the 8.5:1 compression. Personally I don't see much of a difference between .5 compression with this compared to most other turbo cars that are 9:1 compression. The advantage it has over B series is displacement. Car runs really well the way it sits, i'll get it to the track and see what it runs all motor (not expecting a record setter). I know of 2 cars it has beaten on the highway and neither of them should've been beat by it, fully built n/a ITR and turbo lexus. There are several things I would've done differently had I built the car, but for what we gave to give this we couldn't go wrong. Hell the suspension alone on this thing was worth the value of our truck.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Haha yeah that turbo probably wont make it to 700.
The clutch is going to be an issue but Im sure youre aware.
And the exhaust manifold and intercooler look too small to flow 700hp.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I'll be happy if the turbo makes it on 250whp and last longer than a couple months lol.

Clutch, trans and axles are all weak points of this car. If H2B setups would come down in price it would get one and a beefier clutch. The bottom end can handle 700hp, but will def need some other parts upgraded. Hell I wont even put the turbo kit on until it has either a Tial or PTE wastegate.

Exhaust manifold will be replaced with a custom made ramhorn by same buddy who made my forward facing one

You're preaching to the choir brother ;) Honestly putting the turbo on is one of the last things on my mind with the car right now. Just getting it cleaned up is the main focus. Its her car so she'll determine when and how she wants stuff done.

Last edited:

emd513

I followed your tegg build for a while did you reach your 700+ goal with her.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I made it pretty close on 24psi lol. I had ignition breakup and eventually lost the motor. Its currently under the knife once again, motor actually comes back next week