Daddy Built Racing's Turbo H22 EG Coupe Build

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Got bored today and decided that was excuse enough to start putting turbo parts on the Civic. Got all the piping and intercoler mounted up. Once she schedules a tuning date we will get the turbo on and plumb it. Also got the aftermarket fuel rail that came with the car put on.

Had to trim the bumper to clear the piping:

After some cutting, fitting and more cutting the intercooler was mounted:

Also put a factory shift boot back in the car to replace the red one. No more red interior pieces!!

Fuel rail on:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well I told her that she couldn't get the car tuned until a new wastegate was bought. What does she do? Goes and buys a Tial 38mm lol. So we scheduled her tune date for this coming Sunday. I am anxious to see what the car makes, it'll be on 10-12psi

dlo253

Looks like shes comin along nicely. In for results.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Got this nice piece in the mail today. Shout out to Greg Carter @ Go-Autoworks, he never fails us with his customer service and speedy shipping. If you have never heard of or bought anything from Greg, I highly suggest you do so. Tell him Josh from Daddy Built sent you ;)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Unfortunately we had an engine failure today on the dyno. We believe a rod bearing let loose, the car is still at Pro Car awaiting further inspection. The tuning was going great as the car sounded the best it ever has. We stopped to fix a VTEC issue to begin the high can tuning. Upon startup a lower end noise arose. There are a few factors that we (The guys in Daddy Built) believe lead to this. First being the machine shop who built the motor being notorious for engine failure and two the motor being driven on a stock p28 up until today. Lesson here, use reputable machine shops and get your shit tuned before driving it.

Tacara has decided to sell the turbo setup and go a different route with the car. Once again Pro Car is coming through by helping us in every way possible. Its an unfortunate event but shit happens. Its the nature of the beast and does occur. Stay tuned as we update you guys with the rebuild process.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
sorry to hear man...i know you will guys will surprise us all.. :thumbs up