daily driver project car

99tegjawn

Yeah I'm doing all of the body work my self. I've just hit some problems so its been delayed a while but I got both fenders sanded today.

I'm also thinking about shaving off my side moldings. Any advice on taking those off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MikeChally

Yeah I'm doing all of the body work my self. I've just hit some problems so its been delayed a while but I got both fenders sanded today.

I'm also thinking about shaving off my side moldings. Any advice on taking those off?

cool man! I plan on doing some body work on my car this summer also. I want to remove all the dents and stuff but never had done any body work before. Any advice, can you explain the process on how to remove the dents sand, bond and all that stuff?

99tegjawn

Well I would have to write a very large paragraph to explain lol. It's something I've been taught over the past 3 years and it doesn't come easy. I would say go to you tube and look at how to's and pay close attention. Research on google or even go to your local body shop and ask for some pointers you might get lucky. Good luck on the body work though and take your time don't rush it.

99tegjawn

Left side molding is off and everything is welded up. Body filler goes on tomorrow

MikeChally

Well I would have to write a very large paragraph to explain lol. It's something I've been taught over the past 3 years and it doesn't come easy. I would say go to you tube and look at how to's and pay close attention. Research on google or even go to your local body shop and ask for some pointers you might get lucky. Good luck on the body work though and take your time don't rush it.

gotcha! I did found some good youtube videos today. So I will give it a shot this summer...

Thanks

99tegjawn

Final coat of body filler right side happens next week

99tegjawn

So now I'm seriously rethinking this repaint. Should I stick with the original plan and swap to Adriatic Blue Pearl. Or should I just repaint with the silver for a cleaner finish and not worry about doorjambs and tricky stuff like that.

99tegjawn

so im happy to report after all this time that im ready for paint. :D its been i painful process not being able to drive my baby, but of course it'll be worth it. Excuse the ghetto paint booth lol