daily driver project car

99tegjawn

I've also fixed all of the pics in the beginning of the thread that were not working correctly. and ill be putting up old pics i found when i get around to it, and i'm hoping to have her painted by next week. ( fingers crossed)

99tegjawn

Not Silver anymore, LOTS OF PICS!

I in no way claim to be a professional, after all im only 18. So there are a few mistakes and a few areas that need touching up but it'll all be done in time. For only being my second car i've painted i think it turned out pretty decent.

jbrown97ls

Maybe it just the photos or my cars paint has just faded a bunch but that looks really dark. I like it. I can't wait to respray mine. It must be nice having the means to paint your own car. Did you wetsand it?

JDMchristian991

derpin since '92
Looks good for having as little experience with a gun as you say you do.Little tricks come with time.

What brand materials did you use?What clear?

99tegjawn

Well it wasn't high quality paint I only spent 250 on paint and clear. And I'll be wet sanding the entire car believe me lol. It is really dark but in the sunlight it's like orgasmic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j13

Keep It Clean
Looks good buddy, the silver is cool, but this new paint job is better, you'll love it even more. Make sure when you wet sand, don't go too hard, do it in the sunlight, wipe off the water, check for orange peel, so cut to much clear off. Also use a mini rubber block, make sure it's flexible so you can go with the curves. Start with 1500 then go over it with 2000 grit. Work in small areas at a time, use soap to prevent clogs, if you feel any junk under the block, stop sanding, dunk it in the water, and start again. I really hope you have a DA buffer or else you'll have to buff by hand!

Honestly, I would have kept the wing and upgraded to a type r or a mugen

99tegjawn

I appreciate the advice although I knew it already. Lol i have all the tools and supplies i need :D

Last edited:

99tegjawn

Well I have some bad news guys. I SCREWED UP. I'm so pissed at myself. This color is so dark that in the paint booth and inside it looked gorgeous( aside from the orange peel I had on the hood). Well today I got it all back together and pulled it out into the sun light only to realize..... There is one less coat of paint on the fenders and front bumper (face palm). I'm to the point of tears. So now I have to sand and buy more paint :/. Total rookie mistake and it blows.

99tegjawn

Came out epic, way better than expected. Incoming s*** storm of pics :D

This goes on sometime this week as well as my coil overs.

Im sure some of you ,if not most, will appreciate the stock tails being back ;) they look better with the blue.