DB7ish '98 LS Build

DB7ish

Just thought I'd make an official build thread. I posted my introduction a couple of weeks ago. I bought my '98 about 6 months ago for $1500. I left it completely stock until just recently, I did restore the headlights and build a ghetto bumper lip since the replica that was on was busted. Current plan is to build a nice looking daily driven 4 door, and I plan to do it without spending much money.

Intro Thread: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=93680

Before and after the DIY Home Depot bumper build, and I epoxied on an Acura emblem I pulled off an Acura Legend in the junkyard.

I also experimented with various junkyards shift knobs until I settled on a 3rd gen Eclipse shift knob, due to its weight and comfort.

RECENTLY... I replaced the gauge lights with LEDs after they burnt out. Then I replaced the map and dome lights with LEDs, and put yellow bulbs in the high beams.

After that I picked up some EP3 rims for only $140, and finally got rid of those wack 14 inch Webs.

I also picked up a no name strut bar from a local tire shop that had it laying around. Not bad for $10.

Then I got an OBXr exhaust from a guy on craigslist for $30.

I also picked up some Tein lowering springs from a guy in Alabama, who was asking $50 but let me have them for $20 since I drove so far for them.

This week I have a few parts arriving from ebay.

A Speedzone Motorworks rear visor:

Some 6000k HIDs from DDMtuning

Rear towhook:

And I want to order some shocks to install my lowering springs with. Probably Koni orange, or Skunk2s.

And I plan on painting the valve cover. Either red or yellow, still undecided.

Last edited:

DB7ish

And today, after probably 6 months, I finally got my car washed so I took some pics.

I also did the rear signals as running lights mod today.

So far I'm at about $500 total in parts (everything from LEDs to exhaust). Just need the shocks and have the bumper painted and I'll be set for now.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Not gonna lie. I didn't consider DBs had a different light pattern than DCs. Did the signals as running lamps mod. Not sure I like it yet, but it's growing on me. I'll keep it for a while before I decide if I want to revert or not.

DB7ish

Got my OBXr exhaust installed today. Sounds pretty decent. Its loud. Took some getting used to. Car feels a little better (might just be in my head). I think the exhaust guy installed it a bit too low, but its cool. Not too bad.

I also got my Speedzone rear visor today. Took forever to install. Had to go to the auto parts store for 3 m tape and start all over again. Word of advice, have a partner and measure twice.

Noneed2Hate

get the koni yellows instead of the oranges for a little more, you can adjust for ride softness or firmness (and easily too, no dissassembly etc), it's a really nice touch. Looks good man!

DB7ish

Thanks bro! Actually just looked into it some more. I think I'm gonna get KYB AGX. They are adjustable too. I'll probably get the fronts for now and order the back ones in a few weeks. Fronts are about $175 together. Rears would be about $180. So about $355 total, which is cheaper than just about all the complete sets on ebay (~$400-500).

Last edited:

DB7ish

It's a Benin silver. You can get it anodized any color. Send me a message.
Thanks bro, but actually, I think I'm good. I bought one off ebay for like $16. It arrived today, it looks so much nicer than I thought it would. I think its polished aluminum but it has a real nice finish to it. Looks like stainless steel. I think I'll keep it on there for a bit. I'll post some pics later.

Last edited:

DB7ish

Dropped off my bumper and lip for paint and put on my towhook today. Should be ready in a couple of days. I also plan on lowering it on Tein S Techs next week. My HIDs should be here next week too. I'm really excited to get all this done.

Noneed2Hate

Dropped off my bumper and lip for paint and put on my towhook today. Should be ready in a couple of days. I also plan on lowering it on Tein S Techs next week. My HIDs should be here next week too. I'm really excited to get all this done.

did you get your struts yet? If not I'd wait until you get those too, save yourself half the work by doing it all at once ;)

DB7ish

did you get your struts yet? If not I'd wait until you get those too, save yourself half the work by doing it all at once ;)
Thanks, yea I feel you. I did a budget lift (hockey pucks) on my Jeep Grand Cherokee, was a bit of a pain to get those front springs off so I know what it can be like. I think I'm going to order the front shocks this week, and put the Teins on, then get the rears later on (rear drop is only 1.65in so stock struts should hold for a little bit). Honestly, I really don't mind the work much, I just want to be lowered already. I was car shopping with my girl a couple of days ago, and we found this 4dr Civic lowered on Tein adjustable coilovers. It just looked so nice and really made me want to lower mine.

DB7ish

I hate the allen key bolt on the strut. So easy to strip. Gonna try using an impact gun to put in my springs this week. Fingers crossed. Also hope my HIDs get here soon. Last I heard, they had left NY a couple of days ago.

Think I might have gotten ripped by a "painter". Took my OEM bumper. Not much money but a big PITA to find. But its cool. Located a '94-'97 OEM bumper so I'll just be going a different route now with the front end. I do like the '94-'97 front ends. Looks cleaner in my opinion. I'll just get a cheap ebay set of headlights and corners to hold me over until I can find some OEMs at a good price.

Last edited: