DIY: Change gauge cluster lights/ Under dash neons

94ricanteggy

Good write up bro keep it up. Can't decide between the ones you got (Wle-xhp5) or the bhp5. I dont want some too much of a blue(dark) neither some too whitish(light) I'd say right in between maybe a 4 out of 5 though. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

MurderousPandas

The LEDs do not have polarity, correct? As in, you can reverse them and such, goes both ways? I know some LEDs are polarized, such as ones you would do gaming console mods with (cheap little Radioshack ones).

dlo253

Get the xhp5.
and they only go in one way.

TheSkygun

did you try to turn them 180 degrees again? they may have to be turned more. but you can check your fuses under the dash to see if aany blew

pinatigerdc4

Hey guys i did this diy again to replace the bulbs. And now my ac blows hot air super random. Maybe someone can help? Yes i put the circle thing back on and i can slide my temp from blue to red. But i put it to the left on blue for ac and it blows hot. Up untill the diy it was cold!!

Sent from my S2K seats.

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
so i installed the 194 bulb first last week they didnt turn on untill the next day for some reason and only two of them turned on so i today i got the rest of the lights installed them and i turned the 194 so should i expect it to be working tomorrow

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
should the lights turn on right away because mines didnt they turned on the next day and i have a 2 gen

TheSkygun

Any help on my post?

Sent from my S2K seats.
Did you run the wire that corrects underneath the passenger side of the dash to the slider correctly? This messed me up with my stereo because I ran it wrong so that even though I was sliding from side to side it wasn't moving the wire right.

Sent from JARVIS

TheSkygun

should the lights turn on right away because mines didnt they turned on the next day and i have a 2 gen
I only have a 3rd gen.
But power is power.
They should turn on the moment you turn for the lights to go on.
Are the bulbs all turned in and snuggle, or can you move the bulb or the thing the bulb goes I to and twists to the housing? Also have you tried to twist the bulbs 180 degrees to see what happens?

Sent from JARVIS