EBC vs Stoptech

Nick_C78

Rotors are rotors, unless you spend BIG bucks. Get some autozone blanks with the 2 year warranty so you can swap them out every few months. Thats what I do. I also say get autozone rear brake pads for the same reason. You don't need special rear pads for track, which means you definitely don't need them for street.

I recommend this set up for you:
Front Rotors: Autozone Blanks
Rear Rotors: Autozone Blanks
Front Pads: What ever you want to run thats under $70. Stoptech is fine, Hawk HPS, EBC Greenstuff or Redstuff, really your choice
Rear Pads: Duralast Golds, for the lifetime warranty. (Rear pads aren't important)

droz

definitely interesting, I had actually read through it before posting here with the EBC vs Stoptech question, I might have to do some more considering of the kit even though it seems to be a bit of overkill me since I won't be tracking the car.

also been debating removing the ABS system purely due to the fact I don't like the way it makes the brakes feel.....with the exception of 2 vehicles, all my previous vehicles were devoid of ABS and it actually makes the brakes feel weird to me

Amiguel6

Smart idea nick! I will do that then :thumbs up

Nick_C78

definitely interesting, I had actually read through it before posting here with the EBC vs Stoptech question, I might have to do some more considering of the kit even though it seems to be a bit of overkill me since I won't be tracking the car.
Upgrading to a bigger brake kit won't help you stop faster really and won't be noticeable on daily driving. It more or less for brake fade issues. Pad compound and tire compound have more to do with stopping power than anything. That being said though, I have the ITR centric calipers and mini cooper clubman rotors and it fits perfectly. I had to buy new wheels though, because the spoke design and offset of my old ones didnt clear.

As for deleting abs...it is cool and all, but make sure you buy a brand new 4040 prop valve. I tried to get a used one and it leaked like crazy and caused other issues. Also, depending on your year integra, deleting can be a bitch. I had to custom make one of my lines that go from my prop to my master cylinder. Kind of a bitch to bend it the correct way and then flaring it so it won't leak. 94-97 is harder to delete because you need a custom brake like from master cylinder to prop valve, like I stated. however 98+ is just as simple as buying the prop valve and RS lines.

Now, with all of that being said...refer to my last post. That probably best answers what you should do with your initial question. If you can't decide on pads, flip a coin. Usually all pads in the same price range work the same. Just comes down to which brand you prefer.

droz

Upgrading to a bigger brake kit won't help you stop faster really and won't be noticeable on daily driving. It more or less for brake fade issues. Pad compound and tire compound have more to do with stopping power than anything. That being said though, I have the ITR centric calipers and mini cooper clubman rotors and it fits perfectly. I had to buy new wheels though, because the spoke design and offset of my old ones didnt clear.

As for deleting abs...it is cool and all, but make sure you buy a brand new 4040 prop valve. I tried to get a used one and it leaked like crazy and caused other issues. Also, depending on your year integra, deleting can be a b****. I had to custom make one of my lines that go from my prop to my master cylinder. Kind of a b**** to bend it the correct way and then flaring it so it won't leak. 94-97 is harder to delete because you need a custom brake like from master cylinder to prop valve, like I stated. however 98+ is just as simple as buying the prop valve and RS lines.

Now, with all of that being said...refer to my last post. That probably best answers what you should do with your initial question. If you can't decide on pads, flip a coin. Usually all pads in the same price range work the same. Just comes down to which brand you prefer.

thanks for the insight, I had read the abs delete thread over on TI and yea I have a 97 so going to be a little bit harder to do then the 98+. I am thinking at this point, at least for the time being go ahead and get the new pads and rotors and likely SS brake lines and then see how the brakes feel from there.

I have had the car 3 months and put about 3k miles on it but to me brakes still feel weird, maybe its all in my head though due to being its been so long since I have owned a vehicle with abs

Ganyon

I have powerstop rotors and pads. I love them. The rotors are drilled and slotted, but they're pretty cool to look at imo. The car stops amazingly fast too. Faster than warped rotors and autozone pads. Plus it was only about 200 bucks on amazon for all 4rotors and the pads.

speedin

The Transporter
I recommend this set up for you:
Front Rotors: Autozone Blanks
Rear Rotors: Autozone Blanks
Front Pads: What ever you want to run thats under $70. Stoptech is fine, Hawk HPS, EBC Greenstuff or Redstuff, really your choice
Rear Pads: Duralast Golds, for the lifetime warranty. (Rear pads aren't important)
Rear pads are important, brake bias is important, thermal change characteristics are important, µ is important, and as a result of this keeping your front and rear pads matching is important.

That being said, im not a fan of Stoptech or HPS pads. For the money PBR/Axxis Ultimate pads are the best. They rank right along side the HP+'s without the cost. I have heard great things about EBC as well, havnt personally used them but would hold no reservations against them from what ive heard.

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
One of my friends got a 2013 Jetta and it has a neat feature when you really get on the brakes really hard it will grab the rear brakes harder to prevent the front of the car from dropping.

droz

Rear pads are important, brake bias is important, thermal change characteristics are important, µ is important, and as a result of this keeping your front and rear pads matching is important.

That being said, im not a fan of Stoptech or HPS pads. For the money PBR/Axxis Ultimate pads are the best. They rank right along side the HP+'s without the cost. I have heard great things about EBC as well, havnt personally used them but would hold no reservations against them from what ive heard.

I actually have EBC on my 1 car and love them, that is why I initially started leaning towards them until I was doing searching on the forums and wasn't finding much in the way of feedback on EBC brakes on integras

would love to get your thoughts on ABS versus no ABS

MrGurley

************5-0
ive always run ebc from green to yellow pad wise and 3gd rotors and never had an issue. greens ran great for just day to day driving on the teg and the yellows did as well as well as nonabs on a civic "spirited" driving while causing a ruckus