finally slammed! but madddd tire rub

alexjoo

I just remembered!!

I highly advise you to raise the car up a tad (to no wheel gap) till you get new wheels!!

My friend, a looonng time ago, slammed his DC when he saw mine and he had rubbing issues on his steelies. We looked under the wheel wells up front and theres this metal lip that goes along the whole middle of the wheel well. It was actually cutting the tire down the middle. I told him to raise it but he was confident that it was fine.

After a while, he hit up the touge down here, one of the wheels up front popped, slid off into a relatively deep ditch and flipped his ride. On an inspection, we came to the conclusion that the cutting of the tires is what caused the tire to fail. The tire popped in the middle of the tread.

I'm not sure if you touge or not but if you take on/off freeway ramps, theres a high possibility it'll cut up the tires.

Check under the wheel wells to make sure its not doing this.
story actually scared me the third time i read it :( fuckkkkkk i think ima check my whole car for safety reasons this weekend.......safety is always first

raycecar50

I had the same rubbing on the pinch point in the fender problem on my 97 gs. I was lowered on H&R sports with a 55 series sidewall. Once i rubbed thru the liner it started to cut my tires on bigger bumps. Had to go back up with .75 H&Rs

vgees92gsr

that is the dumbest fucking shit i have seen in forever fucking noob slammed cars dont give you omg handling a mild drop will do the exact same thing and as for turning heads your in a fucking integra dont know if ya noticed theres a million "slammed" hondas in america that no one gives a shit about if ya wanna turn heads then build of fucking old skool lowrider here how bout this ill post what a real head turner looks like and all i gotta do is hit some switches and it get to a safe height that wont crack oil pans

vgees92gsr

ps these are old pics bed is fully painted and fixed and interior is in there not too sound like a dick but the older i get the dumber the younger noobs get its like wtf your not gonna ever go track it so why not raise it up a little if you wanted a slammed car then buy ebay coilovers instead of maxing out the skunk2 to be slammed and destroying them

alexjoo

^ you need to calm your ass down dude i never said i slammed my car to turn heads...and i dont want an old school low rider get the fuck off my nuts roid raging mother fucker

jznsn2u

vgees92gsr - I wonder who was pinching your nipples in the beginning of this year o_O.

Alexjoo- Dont trip man, people could be assholes. Just ignore them.

mirrorimg

Lol at guy flipping out over something some one does from who knows how many miles away, and triple posting to do it. Theres an edit button for a reason chief.

If youre having issues with that metal seam, I took a hammer and bent mine over when I had some rubbing issues hitting bumps. Im certainly not super low, but when my suspension compressed the wheel would ride on the seam.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
probably one of the ugliest trucks íve ever laid my eyes on vgees92gsr. true story.

alexjoo

Lol at guy flipping out over something some one does from who knows how many miles away, and triple posting to do it. Theres an edit button for a reason chief.

If youre having issues with that metal seam, I took a hammer and bent mine over when I had some rubbing issues hitting bumps. Im certainly not super low, but when my suspension compressed the wheel would ride on the seam.
im goign to roll it with a fender roller :) if not hammer sounds good to me but im not going to be slammed till end of july after i get my rims....being slammed on 14's sucks dick

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
dont hammer it..

i used a rolling pin (the one for baking) before i got my hands on an actual fender roller and it worked pretty damn well :thumbs up