Godspeed turbo kit

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
for a DD, my setup is almost perfect. I could see if I get into high horsepower builds and go for garrett precision greddy etc.... But my car is just a fun DD to drive everyDAY, everywhere, anywhere, any weather ...

Jeffbel

What about using stock turbos off other cars such as the ever-so-popular Evo3 turbo

Rich-PMS

You have to make sure the turbo is clocked the correct way, has the correct flange/bolt pattern.

If you want amazing low end power, you can pick up a k04 on the mazdaspeed forums for $150 with low miles in great condition. Can boost up to 19psi, or 21psi with meth. On a 2.3L motor they can produce over 300whp. I spike 19psi by 2900rpms and hold 17psi until 6200rpms.
Theyre internally waste gate- so that also save a few bucks.
The ony downfall to the K04, is that its not very efficient in high rpms. But I think it's be a great turbo for an LS motor. Just keep the revs to under 6500rpms. You'll have nearly 4k rpms of full boost.

I love the streetable power the k04 delivers, it's great having instant boost at 2800rpms.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
what kind of flanges do those k04s utilize? do you know the measurements of the turbo, compressor, exhaust, ar. etc?

Turbonetics isnt a bad turbo company imo.

Rich-PMS

what kind of flanges do those k04s utilize? do you know the measurements of the turbo, compressor, exhaust, ar. etc?

Turbonetics isnt a bad turbo company imo.
I suggest doing some research further into the k04. Keep in mind the one from the speed3&6 is different than the one on the cx7, which is different from the Audi/VW k04.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I probably wont do any research on a K04 simply because theres nothing about a stock turbo off a mazda or any car that interests me.

i was just curious if you knew the measurements of a turbo you were recommending. Do you know what type of flange it uses to bolt up to a turbo manifold? Some of them arent compatible with traditional manifold flanges, meaning you would have to make an adapter for them, like The VF48's and such.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Most all oem Mazda turbos use a regular t3 5 bolt flange. I stated this idea earlier. However most Honda manifolds are setup for 4 bolt flanges. Using stock turbos almost always requires a bit of fabricating, but can be very reliable and cheap.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
You have to make sure the turbo is clocked the correct way, has the correct flange/bolt pattern.

If you want amazing low end power, you can pick up a k04 on the mazdaspeed forums for $150 with low miles in great condition. Can boost up to 19psi, or 21psi with meth. On a 2.3L motor they can produce over 300whp. I spike 19psi by 2900rpms and hold 17psi until 6200rpms.
Theyre internally waste gate- so that also save a few bucks.
The ony downfall to the K04, is that its not very efficient in high rpms. But I think it's be a great turbo for an LS motor. Just keep the revs to under 6500rpms. You'll have nearly 4k rpms of full boost.

I love the streetable power the k04 delivers, it's great having instant boost at 2800rpms.
Small problem.....I'm running a b17.....8200rpm redline, and she likes it that fast....6500 is a joke to her!

And for whatever reason you sick bastards do it for, I see that being in someone's sig ha ha ha