Goodbye Mitsubishi Evolution

speedin

The Transporter

speedin

The Transporter
I red the article is that what they will be replacing it will that little 4 door?
No, the name is being killed off (thankfully). They are going for greener cars, and the Evo clashes with that image too much. Thats just one of there new little drop-kick cars.

JGvtec

I see, everyone has to follow what other company's are doing. Im more a fan of the Evo 9 than the newer one. To me all these newer production cars are all boxy looking.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
A lot of Company's have done that whole market shift deal, Acura did it in 2006 to go for upscale sedans, and so on.

DarkDB1

Woah there cowboy... Thats not the official word.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/followup-mitsubishi-unconvincingly-addresses-evo-death-rumors-v/

"Production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned.
As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course."

The Evo will live on... But for now, It's future isn't sealed and neither is it's death.

speedin

The Transporter
Woah there cowboy... Thats not the official word.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/followup-mitsubishi-unconvincingly-addresses-evo-death-rumors-v/

"Production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned.
As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course."

The Evo will live on... But for now, It's future isn't sealed and neither is it's death.
Read the article I posted, its quite official. It addresses that. He talks about bringing it back as an electric sports car when technology is ready. As of now thats going to take time. And yea the 10 is still being made, but there wont be an 11 for awhile, the technology for an affordable marketable electric sports car just isnt here yet. The 10 has been on sale for a few years now, and Subaru just redesigned the STI, the EVO 10 model doesnt have a long production life ahead of it.

A VERY VAGUE post on Mitsubishi's Facebook Wall versus an on the record interview with Mitsubishi’s global product director, think about it. The 1st article goes into more depth and still talks about the names return. OBVIOUSLY its not totally dead, but in Mitsubishi's eyes the gasoline powered beast we know of is. Just as the Charger name returned years later as a fat slow and ugly 4 door I am sure the Evo name will eventually return, but how is uncertain.

EDIT: another report backing up what I said above

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/02/report-mitsubishi-official-says-evo-franchise-is-dead/

Gayu Eusegi said:
Eusegi killed dead any notion that the brand would roll out a performance-oriented hybrid as well. "Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles. Maybe then we can enter the market agian," he said.

Last edited:

JOSH27

Ya DiG?
^yes they are talking about bringing it back later as a electric sports car. IMO who gives a fuck about emissions when the car was made to be fun? I mean gas sounds sooo much better than electric. But maybe the instant torqe from an electric motor will make up for that. I donno, that may be the hipocrate in me lol. The concept of an electric production sports car is an interesting idea though. And for the evo fans.... maybe dodge will continue the evo's look with the charger?:rocker:

Last edited: