Goodbye Mitsubishi Evolution

DarkDB1

They make a batch of Evo's every other year... Notice you'll never find a 07 Evo? or a 09? but there's a 04, 06, 08 and '10. They won't make the Evo this year, They will probably next year but who knows what will come after that.

With your autoblog link, You'll see yours was put up March 2nd... Mine is the updated version on March 3rd. Whats more legit, Someone saying "this is what i was told" or someone who works for the company putting up for the world to see?.

Last edited:

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
RIP EVO :(

The Evo is/was/and always will be my favorite of the little AWD turbo 4 cylinders. EVO VIII and EVO IX MR were my personal favorites.

Next is the EVO VI

edit

I guess they're gonna start getting a lot cheaper now. that's a plus. looks like I know what I'm buying with my tax dollars next year ;)

speedin

The Transporter
With your autoblog link, You'll see yours was put up March 2nd... Mine is the updated version on March 3rd. Whats more legit, Someone saying "this is what i was told" or someone who works for the company putting up for the world to see?.
Just because your was a day later doesnt mean that much man, especially considering the content (vague PR bs) and source of your quote (Facebook). Even the article you posted says this..
So relax Evo fans, this answer should make you feel... well, actually, stay worried – the above statement really doesn't answer anything about the model's future.
Like I said, vague. Combine it with the source and its less informative than Gayu Eusegi interview.

And I think your missing a key part man... An interview with Gayu Eusegi (Mitsubishi's head of global product development) means ALOT more than some short vague two liner on Mitsubishi's facebook page. You say Facebook is straight from the source, when really Gayu Eusegi IS the source lol. If Gayu Eusegi said that in an interview its more than concrete, someone in his position doesnt make a claim like that if it isnt true. He even went as far as to say an electric Evo isnt even on the table right now (my main reason for showing that second article).

Last edited:

sainthavok

私は自分のホンダを愛して
sad news always been an evo fan i remember me and Hot.Damn. spending hours at the dealer when they got the first VIII in stock.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
never really liked any evo to be honest, just not my style i guess lol
I've never cared for the looks of em but the potential of the car is undisputed . I drive a neon so I can't say to much. I could have easily bought a new evo when I bough my srt but I didn't

michaelz

5 and 6 were my favourites.

the reasoning from that interview makes good sense. by the time the 9 came along they were only used in group N since the sedan format no longer qualifies for the WRC (this is also the reason we ended up with the hatch impreza). the 10 was even worse since it was designed with road use as the main purpose. some would call it too soft and grown up, i certainly would.

the evolution series were born from rallying, rather than have the name fade into mediocrity it's better to finish it. while it's sad we should congratulate mitsubishi on completing a perfect 10. it also makes an EVO that much more special once they go out of production much like Honda's Type R cars.

Last edited: