gsr vs gt mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

jznsn2u

I don't promote street racing. Although if the conditions were safe and no one around....I wouldn't mind spirited driving.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
I could not disagree with you MORE. How can people going the speed limit and looking around be as dangerous as the kids who just got their license and want to go "street racing"?
:smackself lets re-read:

people that OVERLY cautious after an "accident" are just as dangerous on the road as people who are speeding. ]
I'm not talking about people who are going the speed limit and looking around...im talking about people who are indecisive, people who drive well under the speed limit and cause traffic. If everyone did this, we might be okay. but alas, the world is not perfect, a cautious driver, if truly worried about one's safety, should maintain the flow of traffic and not be an extremity one way or the other. I'm speaking about my friends that have gotten into wrecks...*real wrecks* and now i cant stand driving with them cause they double guess every decision they make on the road and then they end up stopping right in front of people or sticking there nose in the middle of a road. THAT is just not safe.

purpl3ran93r

congrats on the win, but take it to a track next time :)
Racing on public streets = lame ricer
street racing FTMFL :wak:
OMG street racing is sooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!

not take it to the track. pass times dont lie.
this thread is so full of fail

street racing = :lame
/thread
street racing is lame, but you tripped over a spinout? people that OVERLY cautious after an "accident" are just as dangerous on the road as people who are speeding.

as for street racing...LOOKIE
I don't promote street racing. Although if the conditions were safe and no one around....I wouldn't mind spirited driving.
x 1,000,000,000,000,000

I do drive fast, but not in like 100 MPH more like at the top of speed limit, street racing was cool when you first start driving, but you start to think it's dumb after a while, besides there are way faster people on the track than on the street, I mean when was the last time you've seen a 9 second civic at the street races?

as for the OP:
I'm kind of jealous, My friend has a '69 7L Mach 1 Mustang and I got killed by him in My Turbo GSR back when I first got my license :cry: But on the Turns different story LOL

Last edited:

Coney

Spacely
Actually, if you are racing, from a street light, side-by-side with another car, a cop can get you. You dont have to be exceeding the speed limit.

And they can probably hit you with some other things like excessive acceleration.
This is true. they can pull you over for excessive acceleration and possibly reckless driving

j13

Keep It Clean
My friend has a '69 7L Mach 1 Mustang and I got killed by him in My Turbo GSR back when I first got my license :cry: But on the Turns different story LOL
That sounds about right.

That mach 1 probably has around 350+ft/lbs tq :) :thumbs up Your Integra has around 130 ft/lbs tq :(

Your Integra redlines to the moon, the mack 1 is choking at 6k :)

Integra for the win.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
i disagree with tht statement
+1 street racing is a personal choice.... that doesn't mean your a ricer.... I do it everytime I get the chance! Only the stupid and bad drivers are the ones crashing cause they don't know when to stop! I support 100% street racing

Stopsign32v

So last night a mustang thought he was bad so i gave him a lil taste of gsr power and smoked him tought him not to mess with us 4cyl and ima all stock gsr lol.
Sounds like a load of crap to me. Doubt the car was racing. If it was a stock or close to stock 94-98 Mustang then that isn't alot to brag about. In any sense the GT isn't made to be a race car. That is what the Cobra Mustang is for.

Nothing like making a muscle guy put his head dwn when they get beat by half the motor hahahaha.
That is such a ricer thing to say. :roll: Your little ricer motor doesn't make more power than TWO of my cylinders do. And that is just motor with no boost or nitrous. Sucks to be you!

As far as the street race thing being terrible, I disagree. As long as you have common sense I see no problem in it. I much rather race at the track but I'm not going to put a 6 point roll bar in my car to make it legal and I'm not driving 2 hours to a 1/4th mile track to pay $30 and get to run once. NHRA needs to update their rules to something that is more reasonable. This isn't 1980 and 11's in the 1/4th mile isn't fast anymore.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

+1 street racing is a personal choice.... that doesn't mean your a ricer.... I do it everytime I get the chance! Only the stupid and bad drivers are the ones crashing cause they don't know when to stop! I support 100% street racing
I agree totally. I've gone 155mph once racing someone (it was close and neither of us wanted to lift) but the only people we would have killed was ourselves. If there are alot of cars around I won't go much past a safe speed. Now what is stupid are those people that race down the interstate going in and out of traffic while racing. Those people should never be allowed to drive again.

One time I came up on a guy in a turbo LS1 Camaro I knew of. We had been hearing about eachother for months and we finally ran into eachother. We caught a redlight on a 4 lane road with a long open straight ahead. He got the left lane and there was a silver SUV in my lane. But he saw us coming up and he pulled on the shoulder to let me get lined up with the Camaro! I thought that was so funny. Well I sat right there and did a big burnout to heat my drag radials up and it was on! Ofcourse the Mustang won :lol: . I don't put thousands of dollars in my cars to only race at the track a couple times a week, 9 months out of the year.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
I agree totally. I've gone 155mph once racing someone (it was close and neither of us wanted to lift) but the only people we would have killed was ourselves. If there are alot of cars around I won't go much past a safe speed. Now what is stupid are those people that race down the interstate going in and out of traffic while racing. Those people should never be allowed to drive again.

One time I came up on a guy in a turbo LS1 Camaro I knew of. We had been hearing about eachother for months and we finally ran into eachother. We caught a redlight on a 4 lane road with a long open straight ahead. He got the left lane and there was a silver SUV in my lane. But he saw us coming up and he pulled on the shoulder to let me get lined up with the Camaro! I thought that was so funny. Well I sat right there and did a big burnout to heat my drag radials up and it was on! Ofcourse the Mustang won :lol: . I don't put thousands of dollars in my cars to only race at the track a couple times a week, 9 months out of the year.
I'm not a fan of muscle thiers not many mods available.... only american car ill own is a 2004 GTO.... and the jdm scene is a lot funner!! Having meets and tweeking our motors to be faster! Most amrican cars are fast out the factory and its no fun! I love putting work,money and my time to it! It makes me more attached to my car.... muscle ain't no fun lol just not my cup-of-tea

speedin

The Transporter
This thread is retarded. Take all your street racing stories somewhere else.
I wonder when Jay will change the thread title so we can really start to shut it down..

FYI everyone, its been agreed Street Racing stories are now going to be banned on CI. Will be officially implemented soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.