How do you feel about K-series motors?

ewoo

filipinoFTW!
hey everybody. its 4:52 a.m. and i can't sleep. why? because K20's are on my mind. heres my rant.

i'll go ahead and assume that most of us have b series motors, whether its a b18b or a c1.. or if you're lucky, a c5.. or really lucky, a C. anyways, we've all read about k series builds that have been popping up everywhere of guys doing hybrid k's and netting CRAZY horses. nikos on k20a.org has pretty much built a 300 whp all motor k hybrid; which isn't uncommon anymore. k's gain crazy horses for cheap, their hybrids are nasty fast motors, and it seems like i cant go through a new car magazine anymore and see a b-series like back in the day. call me old school, but thats what i feel. these motors are sick. badass. nearly flawless.

whats even worse, most of my car friends, 8 to be exact, all have rsx's, ep's, etc etc. i'm happy to have a gsr, but i'll admit. at times, i get jealous. theres no way in hell i'll be able to afford a k swap in my dc, and it'll take a lot for me to keep up in the future. i'm not a power whore, but for some reason, it really gets to me about how much potential for the money these motors can get vs my b series. many of you may beg to differ, but these are just my thoughts. i grew up with my cousin's DA, an xsi conversion to be exact. i've always loved da's, and b16's, but i ended up with a dc2 gsr. dont know why, but just did. i dont regret it.. but i'm starting to regret not getting a type-s.

how do you all feel? i'm really hoping somebody can relate to me...

thanks for your time, and thanks for reading my rant.
--bryan

KeLs

how much does the swap usaully cost?
sorry for thread stealing

but gsrs have alot of potential too

DarkDB1

how much does the swap usaully cost?
sorry for thread stealing

but gsrs have alot of potential too
The complete motor+transmission+axles etc... Will run a cool $6000+, Then if you have the skill to do it yourself you can probably have it done for about $7500 if not less. But thats just a ball park price. About 1.5 years ago before hasport made the K20 for a DA axles and motor mounts i got a quote around $9000 from a local shop.

I intend on doing a K swap into my DB1 when my wallet will allow it, I'm not too big on power. I'd just add simple bolt ons to it and finish off the suspension...

g3teg97

Super Moderator
ENGINE/TRANNY
-K-series engine
-K-series tranny
-K-series engine harness
-K-series charging harness
-K-series Alternator
-K-series Starter
-K-series ECU w/Kpro, or AEM ems (to disable the factory immobilizer)
-Swap Header
-Clutch
-Flywheel
-Clutch fork
-RSX Type-S Oxygen Sensor
-RSX Type-S Knock Sensor
-RSX Type-S Clutch Slave Cylinder
-RSX Type-S Half shaft
-Swap Axles
-Throttle Body
-RBC Intake Manifold (optional)
-Karcepts Throttle Body Adapter (for use with RBC)
-Engine Mounts
-Conversion Harness
-Swap clutch line

RADIATOR/COOLING
-TOP Rad Hose - EP3 Top Hose
-BOTTOM Rad Hose - 99-00 Civic Si Top Hose
-Radiator (Half from civic or full from DC5/EP3)
-Main Fan
-Fan switch
-coolant temp sensor

SHIFTER PARTS
-Karcepts Shifter mounting kit
-RSX Type-S Shifter Box
-RSX-S 02-04 Shifter Cables

FUEL SYSTEM PARTS
-Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Return Fuel Rail
-Swap/Fuel lines

POWER STEERING
-K20 PS Pump
-02-04 RSX High pressure hose
-3/8" I.D. hose

Air Conditioning
-K20 A/C pump
-Custom/swap A/C lines
-Secondary fan

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=233510

ewoo

filipinoFTW!
i've pretty much gotten to the point where i realize how much i've wanted a b18c1 ever since i was a kid, and have come to accept and appreciate what i have. some people arent as fortunate out there and have d16's (lol.. jk to whoever has one). i've also realized that i shouldnt suffer and be miserable wanting more and more rather than using that time to enjoy what i got.

aside from all that, for some reason, i cant see myself rocking a k series. being brought up around b's all around me its just weird. i believe the k stands for kunt. ok. that is all. hahaha.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
For the amount of time and money it will cost you to swap a K-series you can have a badass B-series that will leave a K-series sitting still.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
For the amount of time and money it will cost you to swap a K-series you can have a badass B-series that will leave a K-series sitting still.
but potential wise the K leaves the B sitting still.

It's insane to have 300 whp under NO boost in a 4 banger. That's record breaking. I remember car enthusiast making a big deal about 100 hp per liter when the Type R came out. Yet again, Honda has proven the gods of the 4 cylinder when they threw the K at us. If you are looking for power, K is the way to go. New technologies will ALWAYS out perform the old.

I know what you mean tho about getting jealous.. A buddy here in town has a B16 in his Del Sol. Car before that was a boosted H22. I'd love to have both of those motors, but my wallet just doesn't allow for that type of spending.. I'll be happy with my Boosted D once that's finished, but I know it will be no where as fast as some of the other cars I'll run into.. It'd be nice, but it's just not realistic for me

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
K is my dream. and im sure within the next 10 years ill have a k powered DA or something...but right now money is tight. im around a K24 CRX nearly everyday. and everyday i feel the need to find a K series dropout.