Ideas for 200whp

michaelz

i'd recommend the turbo route too. it's going to be cheaper and actually easier to drive than a peaky NA build.

Prozon

Kris
Depends where you buy the parts, but you could build a rather decent turbo set up with three grand. Four grand for a great build imo.

Still less then trying to make 200whp on a N/A engine. ;)

Prozon

Kris
Depends where you buy the parts, but you could build a rather decent turbo set up with three grand. Four grand for a great build imo.

Still less then trying to make 200whp on a N/A engine. ;)

Joshmmc

You could always go LS/VTEC, do it right with the proper ad-ons and you could pull off 200WHP. A guy in my city has an EK with a 252whp B20/VTEC motor with ITBS.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
A P8R head would most likely hurt his setup. The 84mm combustion chambers would ultimately drop the compression ratio. Thus the reason jdm b20s with this head have 8.8:1 compression ratios. There is nothing different between the p8r head and the p75 castings. The only difference is the vtec sized intake valves and the 84mm combsution chambers on the p8r, now ask m e how I know :)

i do think that in order to get 200whp NA on a straight LS your gonna have to have really, really, really deep pockets. Don't plan on making that power on pump gas either. The problem with LS heads is they flow like shit. You can port and port and port all you want, odds are it'll still be outflowed by a stock B16/GSR head. The next problem you'll have is in order to obtain that power your gonna have to rev high. Better plan on a good rotating assembly to withstand the rpms.

You might be able to get closer to your power goals if you plan on running a 2k dollar stroker kit. Again this goes back to deep deep pockets..

My buddies straight LS with b15 pistons and custome OEM geared trans runs 13.9's all day long in his CRX. He has less then 1200 in the entire setup.

stormnorman

build your internals, then do some bolt ons like headers, exhaust, intake. oh and cams, and prob chip and then do a tune.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
build your internals, then do some bolt ons like headers, exhaust, intake. oh and cams, and prob chip and then do a tune.
Man you make it sound so easy lol. Heres a better idea, get on some of the bigger forums and goto the All Motor sections. Read, Read, Read and see what it took other people to make 200+whp on all motor B series engines.

Theres a reason why there isn't many 200whp LS motors running around..

stormnorman

Man you make it sound so easy lol. Heres a better idea, get on some of the bigger forums and goto the All Motor sections. Read, Read, Read and see what it took other people to make 200+whp on all motor B series engines.

Theres a reason why there isn't many 200whp LS motors running around..
i wanted to be discrete lol.

Rich-PMS

B20 block
p8r head
stage 3 cams
built bottom end, 10.5:1 CR
built head
dyno tune

You'll be very close to 200whp and very good TQ numbers too!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Apparently you didn't read my post about the p8r head lol. And no that setup will not be anywhere near 200whp. Not to mention stage 3 cams with 10.5:1 compression is not a great combo. Hell the s2p2 reccomend 11.5:1 or higher compression, theres a reason for that.

The term "stage" is entirely over used, a stage tells me nothing about a cam. What are the specs of said "stage 3" cams? Brand A's stage 3 cams could have a totallly different profile then brand B's stage 3 camshaft.

heres a few vids of 200whp LS motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lViwznyTWq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEutvZXAQQc&feature=related

I can almost garauntee this car has more money in it then most want to spend in order to make 200whp

Rich-PMS

Apparently you didn't read my post about the p8r head lol. And no that setup will not be anywhere near 200whp. Not to mention stage 3 cams with 10.5:1 compression is not a great combo. Hell the s2p2 reccomend 11.5:1 or higher compression, theres a reason for that.

The term "stage" is entirely over used, a stage tells me nothing about a cam. What are the specs of said "stage 3" cams? Brand A's stage 3 cams could have a totallly different profile then brand B's stage 3 camshaft.

heres a few vids of 200whp LS motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lViwznyTWq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEutvZXAQQc&feature=related

I can almost garauntee this car has more money in it then most want to spend in order to make 200whp
I meant to put <stage 3. And I didn't give specs because it's up to him which brand/specs he'll be using.

You can go to Jeff Evan's website and view dyno graphs and it lists the mods/specs. He's pulled awsome numbers from Honda motors.