Is this really a mustegra build??

Kimo

Good evening guys!

I will be more than willing to answer any questions you guys have. Most of the assumptions i am reading are false however. After parting out both cars the build cost me NO money, and i did it in my garage at home, with the help of a few friends!

Yes as of right now the car handles like a dropped mustang. But it is also 500 pounds lighter. I will be putting independent rear suspension on the car and full coilovers soon! And i WILL be tracking the car.

Thanks to those of you that support me, i TRULY do appreciate it! And if you hate me, then im sorry!

Kimo

XjoEnX

Wow. Just wow. Kimo you have my utmost respect. It takes a lot to do what you're doing. Glad everything is working out! I would never attempt a project like this but you are pulling it off! This is some serious dedication, mucho props!!

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Good evening guys!

I will be more than willing to answer any questions you guys have. Most of the assumptions i am reading are false however. After parting out both cars the build cost me NO money, and i did it in my garage at home, with the help of a few friends!

Yes as of right now the car handles like a dropped mustang. But it is also 500 pounds lighter. I will be putting independent rear suspension on the car and full coilovers soon! And i WILL be tracking the car.

Thanks to those of you that support me, i TRULY do appreciate it! And if you hate me, then im sorry!

Kimo
was wondering when this would happen :thumbs up

i know you sunworks guys have a thread devoted to threads about this specific build. hahaha

still not what i would have done, but i can appreciate the work, as i did at ATB.

JDMb20DC2

I can respect the time and work that was put into it but i would rather build be a a foxbody mustang :) I cant say nothing bad because all that would be is "hating" but not something i would do ...badass nonetheless.... wish it would get some drag vids but its probably a "Show car"

speedin

The Transporter
Good evening guys!

Kimo
Thats nice that it didnt cost any money in the end, but the time is another matter. I respect the work and skill put into this build, but as I said before, I just dont get why. Aside from the uniqueness what are you really getting out of this car that the mustang or integra didnt already accomplish? I guess im a "hater" because I dont see the point in wasting all of that effort, but if thats the title I get for questioning actions, so be it. Im sure you love your car and the build and im not here to change your mind.

Kimo

I don't think you are a hater at all. The reason I didn't build a mustang was because I didn't want to build a mustang. Mainly because it would look like alot of other mustangs. When s3 magazine featured my car it was the top for me I felt like I had achieved the unthinkable. I wanted to take my car (the same exact car) that I had built for 8 years and do what people said I couldn't do. An integra would never have a v8 in it and be rear wheel drive, and this was the best and most affordable way! I did it because I like the unexpected factor. I don't regret it for one second! And the car is sooo much fun to drive! I would never have had the money to do it any other way. It was alot of fun with my best friends and I can't wait to push the car to the limits!

Kimo

Kimo, were you Googling yourself, or did someone tip you off to this thread? Lol.
Lol you caught me Googling myself! I wanted to see what people were saying. There are a few forums talking serious trash! I kinda hoped an integra forum would actually recognize the parts I have
. But it seems Jdm is viewed as rice now haha.

Prozon

Kris
You're doing something right if you have multiple forums talking trash lol. I haven't been into Honda's for very long, I kind of view everything as rice. But you're Integra seems far from it. More like American muscle, haha. I want to do a v8 swap into a Honda, but your approach was interesting. I know I definitely wouldn't taken the time to swap the body lol. You need to get more videos out there of it. I've seen two videos of it, lol.

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
i saw kimos integra at ifo in baytown.... much respect to you kimo!... btw i heard you and bun(from one stop) are best dropped car aligners in houston..i need one bad :oops:

speedin

The Transporter
I don't think you are a hater at all. The reason I didn't build a mustang was because I didn't want to build a mustang. Mainly because it would look like alot of other mustangs. When s3 magazine featured my car it was the top for me I felt like I had achieved the unthinkable. I wanted to take my car (the same exact car) that I had built for 8 years and do what people said I couldn't do. An integra would never have a v8 in it and be rear wheel drive, and this was the best and most affordable way! I did it because I like the unexpected factor. I don't regret it for one second! And the car is sooo much fun to drive! I would never have had the money to do it any other way. It was alot of fun with my best friends and I can't wait to push the car to the limits!
Well so long as you enjoy it thats what counts. Ill say again a respect the work and effort that went into this, but not my cup of tea if you will.

I kinda hoped an integra forum would actually recognize the parts I have
. But it seems Jdm is viewed as rice now haha.
I will say I dont think its rice. The color is questionable, but thats not rice (especially considering the show nature of the car). Two tone paint job with vinyls, thats rice. I think the only thing looks wise that threw me was the hood, however knowing why you did it I get it. Any plans to make a cowl hood?

Last edited:

99tegjawn

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Crabby-J got served, lmao

I'm not sure what the f*** you're talking about in entirety, but I sifted through a couple times and gathered that you're saying working a job you don't like or going to college is the same as building a car. If so, I hope you don't reproduce.
Just to shed a little light on the situation for you, since it is the Holidays and all. Why would someone work a job they hate? Well, because when you are all grown up and you have your big boy pants on, you will have to pay rent, gas, electricity, water, sewer, garbage, insurance, have food, and prostitutes if you're as ugly as you are misunderstood about life.
Why would someone go to college? So they don't have to work aforementioned 's***ty job' that they hate. That day when you put on your big boy pants, the difference between carrying a briefcase and a shovel can be college; although for you, I'm assuming you'll end up carrying the later of the two.
Happy Thanksgiving, guy
That message wasn't even for you so i'm not sure why your so angry all of the sudden. Not to mention you missed the point of what i was trying to say entirely. I love my car and love working on it. I also hope that one day when i put my "big boy pants on" to buy a nice 5 speed gsr to build up. Nice job talking to me like a 10 year old by the way. That really shows some maturity on your part, and too speedin i agree that was an a** load of a run on sentence and i do understand that it doesnt completely make sense but come on you gotta give him props. Also it was 3:30 in the morning and i'm not sure where my head was with this lol hopefully this one is easier to read. (Back to the a**fag) since its the holidays and all i figure ill inform you that i have a job(that i hate) i work 5 days a week as a minor plus going to school. I do that so i can pay for gas, insurance, phone bill and all the fun things that i enjoy doing...as a kid at 17. Now i'm at a tech school learning to do body work on cars, this costs me nothing by the way. and next semester i get a job at a body shop in the town right next to mine so not only will i have a job i love at age 18 but i wont be 50k in the whole outta college instead ill be making it before i'm outta high school. To me it seems like your extremely butt hurt because you had to grow up and you didn't plan your life right so now you have money problems. Happy Holidays....guy :twocents:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
That message wasn't even for you so i'm not sure why your so angry all of the sudden. Not to mention you missed the point of what i was trying to say entirely. I love my car and love working on it. I also hope that one day when i put my "big boy pants on" to buy a nice 5 speed gsr to build up. Nice job talking to me like a 10 year old by the way. That really shows some maturity on your part, and too speedin i agree that was an a** load of a run on sentence and i do understand that it doesnt completely make sense but come on you gotta give him props. Also it was 3:30 in the morning and i'm not sure where my head was with this lol hopefully this one is easier to read. (Back to the a**fag) since its the holidays and all i figure ill inform you that i have a job(that i hate) i work 5 days a week as a minor plus going to school. I do that so i can pay for gas, insurance, phone bill and all the fun things that i enjoy doing...as a kid at 17. Now i'm at a tech school learning to do body work on cars, this costs me nothing by the way. and next semester i get a job at a body shop in the town right next to mine so not only will i have a job i love at age 18 but i wont be 50k in the whole outta college instead ill be making it before i'm outta high school. To me it seems like your extremely butt hurt because you had to grow up and you didn't plan your life right so now you have money problems. Happy Holidays....guy :twocents:
miss boss?