Late Early Bird...But here to Rise

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
i think I might have to get me some stock oem headlights...brand new ones....:) like a boss :D

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Is that a complaint? ;)

Do it!!!
yea cause everytime i look at my car with those black halos and they are just not doing it for me...and i see people with the oem ones and i say to myself dammit..lol its just not the same wen u dont go oem..:(

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Hello....its been some time since i updated the thread...but with school and work i dont have much time for the ride anymore. I do have one update to the following. Recently my engine went down on me. Well I love my automatic. It keeps me outta trouble, so therefore i decided to follow along a different project and keep it that way. As i was doing some researching i came across a jdm automatic gsr swap on h-motors. I was like alright I can keep my automatic, but maybe with a little push of hp. :) So i continued to save up for the swap.

B18C1 GSR
AT Tranny w/torque converter
ECU
Rywire Harness OBD 1 to OB2

at $2800.00 total for everything, I had talked to steve at H-motors about the swap and directed to everything i was going to need for the swap. Since i was already a OB2 with my ls i was going to need to swap ecu's specifically because the auto gsr motors were only made with ob1. Which is why i needed the harness from rywire.

Also in need of the swap, other minor things were changed as well.

New motor mounts
Moog Inner and outer Tie Rods
Driver and passenger Side cv axles
Oil, Oil Filter
Of course Honda Automatic transmission Fluid (Case)
Fuel Filter
Header Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket and Grommets for my new valve cover.
NGk Spark Plugs and Wires
Timing Belt, Timing Belt Tensioner, and Water Pump
Thermostat, radiator Hoses, Antifreeze,

Added in Some deletes for my space.
AC...compressor went out and had a leak somewhere so yea...
Power Steering for more space to work with
Cruise control Module...just because..more space...lol
As well as the other fan that cooled the compressor to the radiator.

I believe that was all...im sure there are other things...but on to some quick pictures..:)

Before Picture:

Motor Came in:

Old Motor OUT.....

Ready for Install..:)

Side View:

A sneak peak Inside...She is clean.. :)

One last picture of Install. :)

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
One of the many things that we had to reuse off my old motor since we were using ob2 harness for the engine were the following:

Fuel rail and Injectors
The Distributor had to be completely changed over...because one had two plugs going in and the other had one...So had asked around if we had to order a new one or just replace the parts over to one another..With that said and done...We had switched distributors over to work with the one plug. Came out great and less then 20 minutes to do :)

I am planning to get a start up video on here soon...but it does sound nice when its running..it sounds so fresh like a brand new motor :) and shifts great!

I have to give a big ThANKS to my Mechanic and friend Fabian...without him and his brain of knowledge and garage of awesome great tools none of this would have been possible...Also Steve- from h-motors...Rywire and the many of other friends that had helped out in the process of this install....THANKS GUYS :)

Last edited:

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Clean! Hmotors is a good company
thanks man...its hella dirty right now... as you can see how clean i used to keep it clean above pic :p lol

One major issue we are dealing with right now is the Vtec Solenoid...Check engine light came on after it hit so were looking either into the wiring or the solenoid itself needs replacing..

Another issue we ran into was with the alarm...the wiring was all garbage when trying to trace this back to the brain..Whoever had put the alarm on this car did a half ass job so we had to yank it out and figure out why the car was not starting at one point...Once that was all said and done...the engine started up fine.

And one more issue and finally almost solving from doing massive researching for the wiring diagram is the shutting down of the motor.

When I go to turn the key off the motor stays running.....battery unplugged motor is running still...Only way to shut it down is to unplug the distributor...Weird...so me and a friend are going through all the wiring through the ignition on the the starter to the alternator. We have check all wires inside the bay and they are getting power. So it leads to us that somewhere under the dash something is not telling another that the engine needs to turn off...

other then this problem everything works fine.. :) So if anybody has any input on that issue it would be greatly appreciated.. :p But i am sure we will get i figured out..only time will tell .. :suprise:

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Hmmm. What transmission? The JDM auto gsr or a Ls auto
The JDM auto GSR....i was just going to use my ls auto but it had 201,000 miles on and no problems, but steve had said he would throw in the one for the gsr for $100 so why not... :)

So now i have the ls one in case this one decides to crap out...:)

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
finally got the car in for a nice wash and wax :)

some quick pics of the engine and car itself...

Still an auto...maybe someday it will be a manual.

Enjoy..hope u guys like it..if not...well I'm still happy to be part of club integra. :)