Mendoza's build thread!

mendoza

If you lift up the carpet, cardboard in your trunk, you will see a brace if it an ITR.
The dash could have been off of a GSR and its an RS like people mentioned.

Everything fits perfectly as a USDM type r though. Id say USDM type rs are harder to find than JDM.
I remember reading, that it was easier to find more ITRs than other models in japan back in the day.

Sorry. I read all of the posts.
I cant see anyone welding a roof on a GSR.
Can you just take the bar out? or find a picture of what i should look for.

I really cant see anyone doing that ether but you never know, this is a really confusing integra.

mendoza

bad news guys! I crashed my bby :/ just as i was exiting the round about i lost control.... I went over the side road bump, hit a yield sign. Luckly i hit the yield sign if not it would of hit the electrical post!

mendoza

Calling insurance company tomorrow, hopefully its covered. If not im gonna have to borrow some money!!

I wanna fix this the right way not just bondo...

mendoza

Insurane will not pay for it.

Does anyone know if the 94-97 and the 98-01 fenderl and door is the same?!

goofygamer

I think the 94-97 fenders are the same as the 98-01. Also, when you buy a new door, you're either going to need to shave the side moldings to match your old one or but an itr door.

mendoza

Goofygamer: i forgot about that! This car is really iritating, idk if its a gsr or USDM type r >:O! Ill have to buy one without the side moldings, i want it too match!

Nicoalex2: statefarm but it was only liability...

mendoza

ive been going around and asking for estimates. So far im looking @ 1-2.5k to fix it.

Shop 1: $975 to take out the damage taken to the rocker panel, i would need to bring the sideskirt + fender, they will fix the door. $1500 if i get a paintshop at the same time. if the frame is bent i will have to pay extra to get it str8n.

Pros: don't need to buy the door

Cons: Their is a worker that doesnt like me & he looks at my car in a strange way. No warranty on the paint job.

Shop 2: $1200. They will cut the rocker panel, str8n it, weld it back in, & if the frame is bent it will be str8n. I will have to bring the fender and the door. $2000 if i get a paintjob at the same time, will take out the small rust spots i have by welding new metal, take all the rubber pieces out and then paint it. Bumpers, sideskirts, doors, mirrors, spoiler, will be taken out and painted sepratly.

Pros: the frame will be str8n if its damaged & i get a 1yr warranty on the paintjob.

Cons: i will have to buy the door, which is hard to find & the one i found is $350

Im leaning towards shop 2 even though its more expensive. i would love to hear CI thoughts!

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
ive been going around and asking for estimates. So far im looking @ 1-2.5k to fix it.

Shop 1: $975 to take out the damage taken to the rocker panel, i would need to bring the sideskirt + fender, they will fix the door. $1500 if i get a paintshop at the same time. if the frame is bent i will have to pay extra to get it str8n.

Pros: don't need to buy the door

Cons: Their is a worker that doesnt like me & he looks at my car in a strange way. No warranty on the paint job.

Shop 2: $1200. They will cut the rocker panel, str8n it, weld it back in, & if the frame is bent it will be str8n. I will have to bring the fender and the door. $2000 if i get a paintjob at the same time, will take out the small rust spots i have by welding new metal, take all the rubber pieces out and then paint it. Bumpers, sideskirts, doors, mirrors, spoiler, will be taken out and painted sepratly.

Pros: the frame will be str8n if its damaged & i get a 1yr warranty on the paintjob.

Cons: i will have to buy the door, which is hard to find & the one i found is $350

Im leaning towards shop 2 even though its more expensive. i would love to hear CI thoughts!
I'd go with shop to. You'll probably get what you pay for.