Muckman

Not a M0derator
2010 Dual fuel pump, upgraded fuel hose and wiring
Full Blown dual fuel pump hat
Two Walbro 255lph pumps
-8AN braided feed
-6AN return line
Russell ProFilter 649000, 10 micron, E85 compatible, -8AN in/out

For the power feed I used a 10 gauge wire from the engine bay fuse box.

40 amp relay. Im using the factory fuel pump 12v wire to trigger the relay so it retains stock functionality with the ignition key.

I mounted the fuel pump sub-harness on the passenger side. I ran the fuel pump harness under the rear seat mount bracket so its hidden and protected.

There is a natural cove shape in the plastic molding near the rear seat. This allows easy access to the relay in case I need to unplug it and I didnt have to hack up my interior.

Using a factory ground on the same side.

Hose ends are a little too tall to clear the chassis over the fuel tank.

Nothing a slide hammer can’t solve.

Fuel hat finished with hose ends. I’m still able to run the factory pump cover and rear seat.

Mounting the fuel filter. I found a low spot in the valley where the stock fuel lines ran to retain the most ground clearance. The fuel filter is above the level of the exhaust.

Routing the hoses down around the fuel tank. That’s nylon hose sleeve I used because its abrasion resistant.

Routing the hose above the front subframe.

The feed line at the rail. Its very close to the throttle pulley but it will clear as long as it doesn’t move.

Finished routing under the car.

I was able to reuse the stock fuel hose tray after slight modification. This will protect the hoses and look stock. I am extremely happy with how this project turned out.

Nick_C78

Does anybody else feel like their build thread is pussy shit now?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Does anybody else feel like their build thread is pussy s*** now?
Lol I havent even gotten to the engine build yet. These are all old projects Im posting special for CI.

Holy christ this is awesome. May I inquire what you do to fund this amazing project?
I work in IT. Pay attention to the dates posted on the descriptions. This has been a 8 year project in the making.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
2007 Custom gauge bezel and interior power distribution block.
Sorry I am jumping all over the timeline but I am pulling out all past projects for CI.

Autometer makes a double gauge bezel for the instrument cluster that I use for the wideband and boost gauges but I needed to find a home for EGT, Oil pressure and Oil temp gauges.

Problem1 - where to mount the other 3 guages without a ricer A pillar gauge pod?
Solution1 - mount the gauges below radio in the blank slot.

Problem2 - how to wire up 5 gauges to 12v power, ground, lights and ignition professionally?
Solution2 - make a distribution block for the 4 sources x 5 gauges.

Ironically nobody makes distrbution blocks for small gauge wire. I could only find blocks for large gauge wire and only 3 or 4 way. I needed at least 6 way (1 in, 5 out). I settled on speaker wire terminal block. It was perfect except that the pins weren't connected. But that was easily solved by soldering a wire across the back of the terminals in 4 rows.

I bent up a simple sheet of aluminum for a bracket.

I mounted the distrbution block under the steering column and used the interior fuse box for the source of power, ground, lights and ignition.

The issue with mounting the guages under the radio in the black slot there is that the guages are 1 DIN and the radio is 1 DIN but the whole space is only 1 3/4 DIN. Unlike 5th and 6th gen Civics where they have a full 2 DIN space for the radio enclosure.

My solution was to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket unit that was thinner. I then created a custom bezel for the radio and the gauges out of 1/4" ABS plastic. This allowed me to mount both the 3 gauges and the aftermarket radio in the original enclosure. Its textured too so it looks factory, WIN.

Here's everything installed. You can see the instrument cluster gauge bezel in the top left for the boost and wideband gauges. I dont run AEM EMS anymore.

Last edited:

gsr_nikhil

You sir are a fucking boss. I love your approach to fixing things. "Oh so this won't fit? Fuck it, I'll make a custom this or custom that." Very impressed. You're very good with your hands

Nick_C78

Lol I havent even gotten to the engine build yet. These are all old projects Im posting special for CI.
Hah Yeah I know. I was just playing around. Mine isn't exactly a "I changed my oil" build thread either, but it also doesn't match yours :p