My 96 DB7 SE thread

R13

The other asshole
Fuck that shit, I got black ep3 wheels and they look way better painted.

So does those black meshies, However the silver meshies would still be nice.

96GreenDB

Since its my thread I think I'll join in on this debate.... I like the gunmetal grey on my fat fives. I did not paint them as they came this way and need new paint, but I will be keeping this color when I redo them.

Sent from the Heart of Japan

Sammich

polished fives look money IMO

take Mr Gurley's

hell when i had polished fives on mine, was glorious

at the end of the day, to each their own, but that's one of my pet peeves. of course OP had no control over fives painted before him...if i were you though, i'd polish em..fives gota be one of the easiest to polish

96GreenDB

Well guys, I traded the silver teg. My new project is a 94 GSR turbo. It's a little rough on the outside and needs some love mechanically, but has some great potential with most if the groundwork out if the way. It's going to take time, but I'm going to use this as a way to teach myself with the help of some good friends more about forced induction and more intricate engine work than I'm used to. Lets begin with a rundown of known things:

1994 GSR
Rebuilt engine but stock build
Skunk 2 intake manifold
Rochester 500cc injectors
Greddy 3" cat back exhaust
2.5" down pipe
Garret T3 turbo
Drag manifold
Tial 38mm waste gate
Greddy Type S BOV
Aem fuel rail and FPR
P72 chipped, tune not known
Plx digital wideband
Oversized front rotors with custom caliper brackets

The bad:
Needs a passenger fender
Needs new intercooler piping(mixed matched piping and dual BOV setup has to go)
Needs a new tune
Previous owner ran stock spec ngk plugs and 87 octane for two months.
Needs paint
Cooling fan doesn't work because fan is jammed by piping clamps on turbo.
AC doesn't work

Future plans:
All new intercooler piping and couplers, removing the extra BOV.
Civic half dual core radiator with slim fan.
New fender
Removing unknown ghetto map sensor and going back to oem map sensor.
Replacing the plx wideband, autometer narrowband and boost gauges as they are ancient with aem digital ones.
Once these items are replaced i will get it retuned.
New oem front bumper with grill intact.
Mugen front lip
Mugen gen 1 spoiler rep (car has mugen rep skirts already)
Oem rear valences
MF10 replica wheels in bronze
Either repaint in the 00 GSR purple that it is now or Milano red.

Oversized rotors

The unknown map sensor

Messed up fan

Under all the plasti dip was pink paint!! The original owner was a girl, that's why the strut bar has pink stars haha

Last edited:

jbrown97ls

Not a bad start! I'd keep it DVP. And with that turbo manifold can't you run a full size radiator after bending. A few AC lines?

96GreenDB

Lol yeah I'm looking to get some 16's for it since they are just big enough to clear the larger brakes up front. I can run a full radiator but I'm looking to go with a different manifold with a more central waste gate location instead of only on the first two runners. Thinking top mount, and the radiator in this thing is thinner than thin. If I can't get AC working then its getting pulled. If I get it working I will get a different log style with a proper waste gate location on all four runners. It needs some work but all the expensive things are done. Looking forward to more update, hopefully soon ill be able to start ordering some things.