My 96 DB7 SE thread

96GreenDB

So I ended up pulling the lip before I destroyed it lol. I have a friend that wants to buy it so I can get a real true replica ITR lip from jdm shit. It doesn't go as low on the sides as this one. Also pulled out the fender liners and swapped wheels on the cars. The Si's make this car look so much better and the fat fives look great on my sedan. BUT... 55's on the Si's even without fender liners STILL RUB!!! I think it's hitting the pinch weld in the top of wheel well. I don't have a big enough hammer to flatten them out so the coupe isn't going anywhere till I get that done :-/

Sent from the Heart of Japan

96GreenDB

I'm really digging the dark grey/gunmetal on the green. I think I just reassured myself on wanting jdm gunmetal ITR wheels. The Si's make the coupe look newer since they are from 99-00 civic . The fat fives are from 94-95 and look better on my 96 sedan lol. Just gotta flatten the inside of the wheel well so I can breath when hitting potholes.

96GreenDB

Ok guys, I traded the coupe yesterday. Every time I fixed something I found more half assed stuff or more problems and since it was for my wifey we decided to try to sell it or trade for something else and get rid of it before I lose money or break even. You guys know the history of how far it's come but it still needed so many things. Well I spent $1100 on the car and have spent less than $900 on it. I posted it for sale for $3200 as kbb in lowest condition is $4600. My first inquiry was a kid wanting to trade his 94 integra. He is moving and wanted something mostly stock. I told him to swing by and look at the car. Turns out its a 94 GSR turbo. He checked out the coupe, drove it and said he really liked it. His integra isn't as clean exterior wise as mine but with the parts on the car it has potential. I told him to give me a few days to think as I'm not a turbo head and needed to do some reading. I finally agreed and yesterday we traded. Here is the specs on the coupe, all of which I told him about:
00 LS with rebuilt title
B18a replacement engine
Slipping auto trans
Doors have been replaced
Driver door leaks
Needs alignment
Needs struts all around
Wiring issues with front blinkers and tail lights
No tag light sockets

His car:
94 GSR
Rebuilt with 60k on it
Obd2 p72-2 head
I believe it has an ITR IM
Greddy 20g turbo
Greddy 3" exhaust
Greddy type S BOV
Greddy profec B and turbo timer
Plx digital wide and
RC injectors
Tial east gate
Drag manifold
P72 ecu with Crome
Arm fuel rail and FPR
Unknown adjustable cam gears
Stock block
98 front and rear conversion
Front and rear big brake kit. Appears to be oem calipers possibly with very large rotors.
Stage 3 clutch masters clutch oem flywheel
The bad:
Needs paint and a fender
Needs a new tune, cuts out under boost after or around 4-4500 rpm
Needs new wheels, wanted to keep mine but won't fit with bigger brakes. I have roughly half an inch between caliper and rim with 17's
Needs new front lip

Overall I think this will end up being worthwhile when I get it running well again. He was asking $3800 for the car and I only had $1900 in mine lol. Looking forward to learning more about turbocharging with this project and I'm going to try to learn and do most of it on my own with the help if some friends who know what they're doing. Let me know what you think? Will it pay off? We will see! Don't ask about the dual BOV setup lol that's changing ASAP. Also came with another turbo t04E a/r 50 as well and a black Honda steering wheel and airbag that will be replacing my tan one in the four door!!

96GreenDB

Haha thanks! He'll of a trade huh? It needs some love but the parts on this car alone are worth more than the automatic LS haha...

96GreenDB

I pretty much gave the four door to the wifey since I traded her teg for that lol.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I beg to differ mr sammich
x2.
I agree to an extent that polished wheels do normally look better, but it all depends on the direction the build is going. For example -- for me, I like dark wheels on my car because it contrasts better with the paint job I have, and it serves a purpose for me. When I had factory finish wheels and white wheels, brake dust was a major issue. Now, it's not so bad.

Sammich

BLAH!!! i stand by my statment...unless the wheels were horrible to begin with, why screw up a perfectly great/good set of OEM wheel with paint?

95B18BTurbo

Looks like this could turn out to be a decent project for sure, but it needs a lot of love! What side fender will you be needing since I may have some parts up for sale soon. Hit me up on R850 (1ConfuzedBastard!) if needed.

96GreenDB

Thanks confused, it will need a passenger fender and I'd like to get another oem bumper with the grill I'm not a fan of cutting out the grill for the intercooler. Looks better to me with the grill. Ill hit you up.