My 96 DB7 SE thread

db8er

i <3 the vtak!
Our cars match!! I love the purple. Especially in a coupe. An your Db looks real nice!

96GreenDB

I'm trying to get it running good first, then the fun begins with my mugen theme exterior lol.

Sent from the Heart of Japan

96GreenDB

Just an update for the GSR, new intercooler and piping are on the way as well as my new half size radiator with 11" slim fan. I have some new colder ngk plugs (bkr7e 4644) as the PO had stock spec plugs, and I have a new upper radiator hose as the old one is swelling on the upper neck. I also traded my second greddy type S BOV for a chrome and blue Type RS as I don't care for the flutter as much as I love the solid whoosh. Ill have all the parts by Monday and I'm off Tuesday. Updates then I hope!!

Sent from the Heart of Japan

96GreenDB

Well Tuesday was my only day off besides Thanksgiving and it rained, all day off and on. Well me and a few friends worked out in it anyways and got my new parts put on. I started with some colder plugs as the ones in the car were oem spec. I got a good deal on a used intercooler piping kit off of another boosted gsr from AccelSpeed on here to replace the crappy mismatched exhaust piping that was being used as well as the dual BOV flanges. Ended up trading my extra Greddy Type S for an newer RS which has the solid whoosh instead of the flutter which I didnt care for. After installing the new piping we installed my new half size radiator with 12" slim fan and new upper hose as it was swelling. I just cut the plug off of the stock non-working fan to use on the new slim to keep ease of removal if need be. THe car was very low on antifreeze, yet I havnt noticed any leaks and the oil is very clean still so I am only assuming from the half ass stuff I have seen on this car already this is another PO screw up. Anyways, the car runs noticeably better already with just these few changes. The turbo seems to breath better, and the noise is much quieter now so Im pretty sure I did in fact have a leak with the old piping somewhere. No more overheating issues even under a few small pulls. Mocking up the kit in the living room when I first recieved it my daughter who isnt even two yet was trying to help, made me quite proud lol. Heres some pics of the stuff:

The original radiator was half the thickness as the original oem one in my 96 sedan and Im positive its the original radiator, so crazy to see this super thin radiator in the 94 GSR. You can also see the crummy chargepipe made out of exhaust piping and my dual BOV setup. Thankfully gone now.

The stock fan that didnt work and the shroud was all cut up and warped so the fan couldnt spin if it wanted to.

My awesome daughter Anniston:

Next on my list of things to replace is the front bumper with one that still has the grill, mugen style front lip and a gen 1 rep spoiler to finish the mugen theme since the car has the mugen skirts already lol. Then a new fender and either a nice dip in Red with a glossifier or a cheap sprayglo paint job since I am trying to flip this car come tax time to buy a nice family car. Looking at either an 05/06 MDX or TL or if the price is right an 07 RDX. If I keep though Id also like to put a set of RE30 reps on it in bronze to finish the exterior. We ill see, probably wont be until january before I spend anymore money on it otherwise. Hope you guys like the project so far.

96GreenDB

So I decided to sell the GSR to buy a newer family car, but I couldnt get any offers worth taking. I have been wanting to swap the four door forever and since the GSR needs so much work still I decided to pull the turbo and engine and swap it in the four door. Im gonna sell the shell as a whole or part it out depending on interest. Should be swapping it the first week of February. Ill update soon. Im going ahead and replacing the Clutch, Axles, all seals, Water pump, timing belt, thermostat, hoses and other belts while the engine is out. Also considering getting S300 instead and ditching the crome. Still debating.

96LSteg

Jemel
you should look into the moats demon and running neptune. its got the same features as the s300 but its a little cheaper I believe. This is the same software/hardware setup that Muckman uses so he is pretty familiar with it.

giLDC4

Slow&Low
Nice ride bro! Clean and simple. boost is awesome, keep us updated. must be some nice weather in Florida right now, lucky you.

96GreenDB

Ehh if 40 degrees is nice for florida haha.... I'll look into it, would I have to rechip my ecu or does neptune, crome etc use the same chip just different programs to tune it with?? Still learning about all this stuff. Everyone tells me to just get s300 and not have to worry about anything. This is a daily driver so ten pounds max is all the boost it will see and I'm replacing everything I can while the engine is going in to keep reliability to the max.

96GreenDB

I see on their website its only $399 for software and demon unit. Its $100 cheaper but it doesnt say if it has the USB connection. I'll look up some reviews on it and consider it. I just want to make sure there is someone local who can use this as I'll need it done the day we swap in the engine.

96LSteg

Jemel
you will have to rechip either way. If you go with the s300 you have to get the hondata hardware and if you go with neptune you have to the the moats demon hardware. Again im not up in the tuning stuff either lol I know very little Muckman however can answer just about any question you have for the Neptune as that is what he uses currently. Im sure Samurai or someone that uses hondata could provide you with some info on the s300