My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I bought new brake pads all around and a new RR rotor since it has been making a grinding noise so I figured it would be smart to replace the whole thing and I was right. The caliper pin was stuck in it so it caused the brake to wear out quicker and eventually go metal to metal with my rotor. We removed the pin, used a spinning brush wire machine to remove old rust and then put it back in with grease. Everything feels great now.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
*Long post coming*

I started to replace my oil seals and cam plug today but I didn't finish it. I'm trying to do all this stuff without the help of my auto tech instructor so I become independent while working on big jobs. Unfortunately one of the cam cap bolts snapped, it really sucks because I bought them off of the Honda Majestic OEM website so I don't understand why they suck so bad even after hand torquing them one by one. I replaced two cam cap bolts since one snapped and another one was about to snap with some generic 8mmx1.25 bolts. One day I'll eventually buy some ARP cam cap bolts since the Honda ones suck now. The cam cap journals seem to look fine and not anymore damaged since the first time we discovered them, the PO probably starved the engine of oil. I took my time on setting the Cam oil seals in place and packing them with grease. The cam plug is also in placed gently. I had finished install the cam gears back in place but had not tightened them since we are going to time it first. New distributor O-ring is in placed as well and so is the new Valve cover gasket. All I really need to do is time the engine and I will attempt to do it myself for once because it seems a little difficult :lol:
Hopefully the oil leakage stops since almost every gasket on the head itself has been replaced and I took my time this time. I didn't get to snap pictures but I will tomorrow. :mrgreen:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I have been waaay to lazy to update. It took me a little longer to get the car up and running because the first time we tried to start it up, the tensioner was too loose and and caused the belt to jump timing thus drowned the engine with gasoline. My friend re-timed it for me but they screwed up because they thought the TDC mark on the crank pulley was the red dot instead of the white one. I fixed it the next day but it still wouldn't start. We saw that the engine was getting no spark and so we took out the distributor and saw that the gear that connects to the cam were broken off into the cam but luckily we could pull them away with a magnet. We swapped out the gear from my old distributor and it fired back up normally. Hopefully I'm not leaking oil anymore since I swapped out almost all the gaskets on the cylinder head except the VTEC solenoid one.

Today I finally installed my license plate relocator and fixed the loose fender by installing the OEM clip and screw, I can't snap any pictures because my Iphone camera cracked :cry:
I also went to a local Acura dealership and bought a Type R sway bar because I am tired of worrying about oversteering (is that the term?) and eventually fishtailing while turning at a fast speed. The sway bar with the D-handles and endlinks cost me about $292 in total but I was so lucky to have my friend with me that knew one of the employees there. The employee gave me a discount and brought it down to $177. It should be here tomorrow and I will install it on thursday :lol:

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
The Type-R rear swaybar will give you MORE oversteer. The rear will be tighter and want to come out more.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The Type-R rear swaybar will give you MORE oversteer. The rear will be tighter and want to come out more.
Depends on which sway bar he got. But if you did the rear, you want to go with a subframe brace if you havent already done so. I dont think a sway bar makes a huge difference unless you go from stock to an ITR sized bar. The car will understeer no matter what unless you have really really really good suspension on the car. Thats my experience at least. I could never get the car to rotate (understeer) until i started running the suspension i currently have.

Having said that, if you go WOT to a full lift off the gas mid corner, you will still understeer or spin. But thats just dumb anyways.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I got an ASR subframe brace and thats why I need an ITR sway bar or an ASR because my OEM GS sway bar won't fit. I'm planning to upgrade my suspension real soon but that will most likely be during April. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Ganyon

I had a jdm 96 itr 22mm rear sway on my integra. Car felt super solid and i'd recommend it to anyone.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
This thing is huge compared to the GS one! I forgot to buy two major things.. The bushings that go in between the end links and the sway bar. Is it possible for me to buy generic ones or do I have to go through the hassle of buying OEM ones? Really want to install it today.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
She should be tight now. We re-used the old bushings since they fit :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Changed my oil today to Castrol 5w-30, the expensive kind with a K&N filter. Looks like the leaks finally stopped.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Thinking about getting a Comptech Icebox because the AEM sucks in the summer. I've heard good reviews for it but I was wondering if my AEM tube would fit? I kind of doubt it but It be much easier than getting my old OEM one from my brother.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Meh, ordered the Icebox and an OEM ITR Tube. Cost me about ~$310, f***ing shipping. :lol:
It was much cheaper than buying the intake kit off of their website AND the icebox itself. I watched a review from Inlineour on Youtube and it gained about +6WHP just by slapping it on and about +12WHP with a whole HondataS300 tune. Hopefully it goes the same for me :rolf:

Lol this proves that I'm legitimately function>form, I was trying to save up for suspension but the whole Icebox caught my attention.

Last edited:

DC2HOG

B18DC1
Password not working

I realize this isn't the right place to post this, but it won't let me post anywhere else, it's telling me I'm using the wrong password to login but I'm not, that I know of any help from a site administrator help me change or figure this out....Sorry