My wheel dilemma

red.line

Real wheel whores don't buy fake rims; fyi ;)

I looked at those, but I hate the 'time attack' strip around them. I may end up trading my gf for her LS mesh, even though I like the look, I would prefer better function over fake rims
I wasn't aware real wheels made better circles than fake wheels. :shock:

OP just keep those. Blades are way to played out imo. White is right. ;)

<CleanNDirty>

not everyone can afford to blow 2grand on just wheels. Maybe once i hav money pouring out my ass i will buy expensive wheels lol but not while im in college with two vehicles(mommy and daddy dont give me money for stuff). "fake" wheels look just as good as "good" wheels and perform same task. altho "real" wheels might be lighter, that doesnt really matter for dd.

the wheels i got came with my car when i bought it. dont have money to get different ones but i did atleast paint them so they look decent.

"Real" wheels shouldnt cost 2 grand, shitty business strategy if the competition is gonna make similar wheels for half the price. But i guess "real" wheels are cooler cuz not everyone can spend the money and it makes it exclusive.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
not everyone can afford to blow 2grand on just wheels. Maybe once i hav money pouring out my ass i will buy expensive wheels lol but not while im in college with two vehicles(mommy and daddy dont give me money for stuff). "fake" wheels look just as good as "good" wheels and perform same task. altho "real" wheels might be lighter, that doesnt really matter for dd.

the wheels i got came with my car when i bought it. dont have money to get different ones but i did atleast paint them so they look decent.

"Real" wheels shouldnt cost 2 grand, s***ty business strategy if the competition is gonna make similar wheels for half the price. But i guess "real" wheels are cooler cuz not everyone can spend the money and it makes it exclusive.
If you have no idea WTF you're talking about don't touch your keyboard.

Real wheels have a lot of money into R&D poured into them, they are then made with high quality/pure aluminum, they are made with a forged process (which makes the wheels stronger, and costs a lot to set up the infrastructure to do this) or in Enkei's case they are cast and the barrel is roll forged to increase barrel strength. They then use heat treatment to align the metal grain structure. They are then painted/powdercoated and shipped.

Replica wheels are replicas (aesthetically) of real wheels, they are made in China/Taiwan/Phillipines with very low purity aluminum and using a basic casting process, then painted and shipped.

Also, you realize real wheels needn't cost $2000 right? Enkei's are roughly 1000-1500 for a new set of 15's. Used wheels can be had for even less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeFB6SRslk

Yeah replica wheels totally do the same job as the real deal.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
No rota's, and i wouldn't go back to OEM.

I like it acutally, looks clean. If anything get real wheels next

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If you're implying that Volks are comparable to $100 rims, then you are simply retarded. I have knockoff rims, yes; but when I can afford it, and I also get the rest of what I need finished for the track, then I will be saving for something nice. Not everyone here with nice cars or nice parts has a mommy and daddy that's holding their dick while they piss; a majority of us work very hard toward making our Teg clean and admirable.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
OG, just let it go.
People who make these arguments don't understand to make reliable, strong, beautiful wheels that there is a process. I've given up on them.

mdan9193

Mdan
The wheels look nice. White on white. I would lower it a Tad bit more I think it will make them look nicer.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Im gonna drop the back a bit more but right now I have 3 coils in minus the driver rear because the old bolt is seized so the old suspension cant be removed...

<CleanNDirty>

Watched video...you realize how heavy that weight is and they dropped it at angle right on edge of wheel. when would that happen in real life? Wheel might hit REALLY deep pothole at high speed and wheel might crack. Cant beleive you got really emotional and butt hurt bout my post. Not like i was attacking you. If you get that upet maybe you shouldnt touch your keyboard. Anyway Gbaby, replica wheels would be fine for dd(if they broke everytime someone hit a bump and caused a bunch of accidents company couldnt legally sell the wheels).

If someone wanted wheels for a track car then they shouldnt use replicas cause they wont hold up to the abuse that a track car undergoes. But if companies want to compete with replica companies then they should make dd versions of the expensive ones so that they can make money and give ppl legit wheels.

Also price of wheels depends of company, some companies make less expensive wheels but not in patterns that everyone likes. Some wheels go $450 a wheel(4 of those makes $1800). Just saying that some wheels are really expensive. Yea they arent exactly same but replica volks are called replicas for a reason, they look really close to real volks. Wont be as light as real volks but they are similar in appearance therefore why ppl buy them.(eventually i want real te37's but dont have money so ill settle for replicas till i get enough money for them). Also not implying that mommy and daddy help everyone on here, was stating that cause i made comment bought having two vehicles and didnt want ppl assuming my parents bought cars/parts.

Next time try being mature by not responding like a immature 15yr old and jumping on someones opinion. Have a nice day Gbaby. Anyway OP, buy what you want either replicas or legit wheels will be fine

Last edited:

<CleanNDirty>

DC4 I know there is process to make wheels stronger but for normal wear and tear replics, rotas, etc will do just fine. Id rather buy replicas then hav a set of ugly wheels on my car. That way car looks good while person saves money for real wheels and other mods.