My wheel dilemma

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
In the words of Dylan (Samurai_Blue) "Rotas are track proven" :)
This is my

"Is he an engineer? Does he race professionally?" Face

If the answer is no to both of those, IDGAF.

What are a couple of "REAL wheel" brands?
Volk
Gram Light
G-Games
Weds
Enkei
SSR
Carving
BBS
Kosei
949 Racing
OZ
Work
Advan
Mugen
Desmond
OZ
Racing Hart
Watanabe
Hayashi
Rotiform
iForged
CCW
Prodrive

I think that's a good start

^I added to your list a little lol

Enkei, 949, Kosei, Rotiform are all very affordable

<CleanNDirty>

And you honestly believe that faulty wheels could be sold be a legitimate company? I say legitimate as in they follow all US regulations. You act as though the wheels are made of sheet metal. A lot of people use Rotas, So according to you anytime someone with Rotas hits 65 the wheels all crack and the car goes off the road...sounds like that would be something that would ruin the company. You have done nothing but jump at me unprovoked. My reading comprehension? How about your ability to just comprehend that your an idiot. You CANT, let me type that again CANT sell dangerous products without there being a warning.(kinda like every warning label thats on most everyday products).

Hey the machine look familiar, oh wait they are same machines in that link u posted. you know the one where they test wheels. http://www.rotawheels.com/wheeltest.shtml

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
If you can show me a Rota passing TUV testing, I'll stick my foot in my mouth.

BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I've never heard of their claimed 'testing' no JWL/TUV NO CARE

And do you honestly think people could sue for the wheels breaking? They're modifying their car from factory condition, they can't expect it to never break.

You get what you pay for rings especially true when modifying a car.

Also: If you own Rotas/knockoffs of any kind, and your car is stolen you are not allowed to be angry or even file an insurance claim. Rota is stealing designs, you support the thieves, thus you should support all thieves.

<CleanNDirty>

they can def sue for that. If a lady can sue for something as dumb as spilling hot coffee on herself at mcdonalds then u can be sure you can sue for a wheel breaking and causing accident.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
All they have to do is put "for offroad use only" and you can't sue for shit.

<CleanNDirty>

u call you idiot because its common the u.s. regulates everything especially the auto industry. the fact that you think the company could do what your saying they do is idiotic. and spelling? really? this isnt english class.

JemmieN

not a girl lol
Also: If you own Rotas/knockoffs of any kind, and your car is stolen you are not allowed to be angry or even file an insurance claim. Rota is stealing designs, you support the thieves, thus you should support all thieves.
That's actually a really good argument!

+1 for you lol

<CleanNDirty>

I know you were trying to make a point but your perspective is flawed. I also think this is where most confusion stems from in regards to the quality/strength of a Rota Wheel. All Rota Wheels are cast aluminum wheels, so they will never be the lightest or strongest wheel. Does this make them an inferior or "weak" wheel? No! Rota Wheels pass all JWL/VIA test standards (Industry standard for wheel strength) and are perfectly safe for street and track use. Does everyone need the lightest forged wheel known to man kind, in my opinion, no. I am perfectly happy running a Rota Wheel on the street and also on the track as they perform well for me, are fine for my budget (that I would like to allocate for wheels, rather spend my money on grippy tires hehe), and they look awesome. If you want to have the absolute lightest/strongest wheel, the original design, etc.. then by all means get another wheel.

For myself and a lot of people out there, these wheels work very well and are definitely an affordable option. These new Rota Wheels are certainly not slowing down these well known Redline Time Attack teams

GST Motorsports running P45's, Torque's, and also Grids (countless AWD Unlimited wins, Modified Mag Tuner Shootout Winner 2 years in a row, etc..)

Turn in Concepts running Rota DPT's (Dominating the Redline Time Attack street class with tons of first place wins this season)

JGvtec

How dropped are you.. just on springs? Maybe if you went a bit lower it would look better? :what:

If you guys are going to have a little chit chat PM each other instead.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
I have it sitting on function and form type 2's right now but only three of them are installed. When i was doing the work I ran into a seized bolt on the rear drivers side. After I get that taken care of i'll be able to drop it properly, lol