Mylittleteg's super slow build

Nick_C78

So even though I used 2000 degree paint and treated it like it said (used half a tank to treat it). It still flaked. So I'm going to wrap it. Any ideas?
It always flakes because you have to dry it in an oven for it to work properly. You have to bake it on. You can get away with it in some cases doing it the way you did, but conditions need to be perfect. You do not wanna wrap the header on a daily driver car. Everytime it rains, water will soak in to the wrap and cause it to smoke like a son-of-a-b****. Ask me how I know. It also holds in moisture and can cause the pipe to rust and welds to break.

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
It always flakes because you have to dry it in an oven for it to work properly. You have to bake it on. You can get away with it in some cases doing it the way you did, but conditions need to be perfect. You do not wanna wrap the header on a daily driver car. Everytime it rains, water will soak in to the wrap and cause it to smoke like a son-of-a-b****. Ask me how I know. It also holds in moisture and can cause the pipe to rust and welds to break.
Thanks for the tip. In the directions is said you can do it on or off the car. I'm taking the top half off and baking it this time

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

DB7ish

Car is looking nice. Yeah, most people I've seen bake it on when they use that paint. What color are the rims going to be?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Car is looking nice. Yeah, most people I've seen bake it on when they use that paint. What color are the rims going to be?
Going to sound weirs but I'm doing red plastidip rims and painting the body white. I found someone to do it fairly cheap so I'll have him do it. (I'm not a good painter....obviously lol)

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Just picked them up

Noneed2Hate

those look pretty dope man, I am thinking about getting my meshies powder coated in the future :p how did it run you?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
those look pretty dope man, I am thinking about getting my meshies powder coated in the future :p how did it run you?
$40. He was super fair on price

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
good deal, looks like solid work!
There's a few spots he went a little thick on the second coat but overall he done a great job. He's going to paint my whole car for $250 supplies included

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I wish people would tape the valve stems, hate seeing them painted. But if the paint holds $40 is more than fair, it usually takes me an entire weekend to paint a set of wheels.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Its plastidip. Just peel it off the valve stem
Oh, well peel away then.

Not to thread jack but how does that stuff hold up against cleaning? It seems brake dust would stick to it really easy and using wheel cleaner would just strip it off.

Nick_C78

It sucks. It stains easily and peels off every chance it gets. And if you dismount the tire its toast. Peels bad around the lugs too