Mylittleteg's super slow build

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Header looks great. You have access to a lift. You lucky bastard.
Yeah, Walmart got rid of their lifts to buy new ones and we bought it for $500 and installed it ourselves :D

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
"Miatas are gay" - Guy driving FWD automatic car with the same HP as a NB Miata. okay.
Just my opinion, only Mazda's I like are rx7s (because the rotary motor is a monster)
Have a muffler shop cut out that dent and weld a new peice back in imo
It doesn't bother me to have the dent there. Should have went with black to hide the dent but I'll live :D

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Noneed2Hate

Just my opinion, only Mazda's I like are rx7s (because the rotary motor is a monster)

It doesn't bother me to have the dent there. Should have went with black to hide the dent but I'll live :D

The dent gives it character :D But really if the dent has no negative affect (other than not looking aesthetically pleasing to some) no reason to fix what's not broken :p

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
The dent gives it character :D But really if the dent has no negative affect (other than not looking aesthetically pleasing to some) no reason to fix what's not broken :p
I like the way you think lol

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So even though I used 2000 degree paint and treated it like it said (used half a tank to treat it). It still flaked. So I'm going to wrap it. Any ideas?

Noneed2Hate

So even though I used 2000 degree paint and treated it like it said (used half a tank to treat it). It still flaked. So I'm going to wrap it. Any ideas?

inb4 the temperature reaching the headers is actually 2001 degrees :p What are you going to wrap it with?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
inb4 the temperature reaching the headers is actually 2001 degrees :p What are you going to wrap it with?
Lol. I had a feeling it would come off. And I was planning on going with mishimoto titanium wrap

Ganyon

Just make sure you wrap it up good and tight. If you let it sag and leave gaps, water will get in and rust them.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Lol. I had a feeling it would come off. And I was planning on going with mishimoto titanium wrap
That stuff won't come off. I coated my header and exhaust in it and had zero problems, and I guarantee my header got way hotter than that one will ever get.

Edit: I just saw that it came off, you did it wrong then. Probably too humid when you painted it, shit happens.

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
That stuff won't come off. I coated my header and exhaust in it and had zero problems, and I guarantee my header got way hotter than that one will ever get.

Edit: I just saw that it came off, you did it wrong then. Probably too humid when you painted it, shit happens.
Painted about 9 am and let it sit for like 6 hours. Then let it idle on car for 10, cool for 10. Then idle for 20....so on so forth like it says on the can. I'll try to repaint them with warmer weather

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea winter is a bad time for painting, lots of humidity. I usually put whatever I'm gonna paint in the back room of the garage with a dehumidifier for a couple days. I know that might not always be possible, but anything you can do to keep it in a dryer enviroment helps.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Yea winter is a bad time for painting, lots of humidity. I usually put whatever I'm gonna paint in the back room of the garage with a dehumidifier for a couple days. I know that might not always be possible, but anything you can do to keep it in a dryer enviroment helps.
The bottom half of the header is fine but from the 4-2 bolt on flaked. So at least I don't have to take the whole thing off again lol

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Cars down for the night. Took the rims to get plastidipped. Going to get them at 9 tomorrow