need some advice b20b

lopez1er

1990 tegg rs b20b og ecu (integra ecu they mickey moused it thats the way i bought it) im gonna put this in order so u know what ive done already
CAR WILL NOT START UP WHEN REALLY COLD FOR SHIT OR WHEN ITS HOT IT WILL NOT START just keeps cranking and will eventually start after like 7 or 8 tries

1. check the fuel pump and heard priming also checked the pressure and its fine
2. checked the main relay and switched it with some other i had for extra and still not firing up right away
3. yes it has fuel i filled the tank up in the morning before it started acting up
4. i noticed that i have a exhaust leak towards the front of the car right where the cat bolts up to any one know what kinda gasket i need my first jdm sorry
5. messed with the dizzy and nothing same story keeps cranking and will start after a couple tries

those are the steps ive takin so far since i woke up....it will start up eventually if i keep cranking it please help me out i like this car alot and alwayz wanted it since i was a lil kid n now i got one and its a pain in the ass :(

lopez1er

i have a hommie comming down with his DA should be here in an hour and we gonna swap n see how that works........damn man ur the only person to look and give some advice i really appreciate the help from u

lopez1er

by any chance u know what kinda gasket i need cuz the old one is totally gone cant even describe what it look like cuz i have found was blk crums lol

da9 b20 beast

yeah bro litlle shit like that will totally fuck with your car ....i have a b20b as well i woulda loggedd on earlier and helps a lil.. as for the gasket question its where the down pipe connects to the cat ? u can check the parts store or take it to a muffler shop and they tell you what you need

757autoGS-Rspec

1990 tegg rs b20b og ecu (integra ecu they mickey moused it thats the way i bought it) im gonna put this in order so u know what ive done already
CAR WILL NOT START UP WHEN REALLY COLD FOR s*** OR WHEN ITS HOT IT WILL NOT START just keeps cranking and will eventually start after like 7 or 8 tries

1. check the fuel pump and heard priming also checked the pressure and its fine
2. checked the main relay and switched it with some other i had for extra and still not firing up right away
3. yes it has fuel i filled the tank up in the morning before it started acting up
4. i noticed that i have a exhaust leak towards the front of the car right where the cat bolts up to any one know what kinda gasket i need my first jdm sorry
5. messed with the dizzy and nothing same story keeps cranking and will start after a couple tries

those are the steps ive takin so far since i woke up....it will start up eventually if i keep cranking it please help me out i like this car alot and alwayz wanted it since i was a lil kid n now i got one and its a pain in the ass :(
have any luck get it started with first few cranks. if she is still cranking over and over then finally starting and all the obvious things have been accessed, the next i would recommend is a compression test. very easy to accomplish within thirty minutes you will be done. the reason it cranks and cranks is because u have weak compression until it builds and builds, then it fires over. piston rings, valve stem seals or most likely a leaking head gasket. i would say u have slight leak losing compression on the first 3-5 rotations.

lopez1er

oh man idk wats with this car like today it started up first try and i drove it for like a 30 min and went into autoparts store to buy the exhaust gasket and so it wat like a 10 min sit and when i came out it was hard to start and i was like wtf lol idk it took like 5 trys to get it started so wat am i missing here im about ready to give this car a good stomp out or sumthing

dateg88

Did you check all your grounds you mite have a loose one thats not letting you start your car i had the same problem with mine.

lopez1er

k check this out low compression and i did a some kinda head gasket test as well and it turns out my head gasket is blown cuz there is oil in the coolant the blue liquid change colors and pretty much said its a blown head gasket i have the parts now a new head gasket and timing belt dose anybody know the procedures cuz high key it looks kinda complicated and would like to do it myself and im bought a new water pump too... thank for the help fellas