new DA9 project

rwcjose

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so Im just stopping by saying wats up don't know what to put but anyways I just bought a 91 da9 and this is going to be my project car and when I bought it, it was really beat up(and still is lol) as u will see in the pics and also has sum bad damage on the front end but it still runs not bad for the $200 I spend on buying it but anyways give feed back or any tips because like I said before its going to be my project car and I'm going towards turbo so any feed back would be great and a thanks in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

emd513

Awesome deal though. 200 bucks for that is a steal. The front can be fixed, looks like preety easily. Good luck

rwcjose

so today i went to pick n pull to get the hood bumper reinforcement and sum of the outside trim of the car and i got a good deal i only paid 90 bucks for everything i guess cause they were doing the president day weekend sale so yea so i took a pic of the hood already sand down its in pretty good condition now i have to put primer on it and i checked the car a lil more and i found that the top front support beam is bent inward like 20in so ima have to fix that also so yeah but ill keep u guys updated wit the progress.

rwcjose

It's been a few days since I started the build on my da9 so here is a new update I'm almost done with taking all the paint off the hood so that's almost done also yesterday I just bought some oem headlights so I can get rid of those sh**ty ass projector headlights.2mrow ima try and straighten out the frame and try to install the headlights and put on the hood and I'm going to take pics so u guys can see how it comes out.
The next items on my list are
1.interior carpet 3/9/12
2.speedo cable install 2/29/12
3.coilovers and lower control arms 3/23/12
4.rota rims and tires TBA
5.exhaust TBA

UPDATE ALMOST finish wit taking off the paint of the hood Maybe one more pass of paint thinner and it should be good

It looks better took a long time now on wed or Friday if it rains 2morow I'm going to shoot primer on the entire hood

They look good but it needs a little fixing

After I kinda clean them of and fix sum of the pieces

After I was putting everything together I found out that one piece was broken so kinda fixed it wit multipurpose adhesive

So everything is almost set for my front end I've got the oem headlights the bumper support the hood ( needs primer) and the last thing is to fix my top frame where the radiator sits and make it straight to put everything together.

Let me know what u guys think about the progress and let me know wat else I can do thanx in advanced.

so this is what im going to try to fix tommorow lets see if it comes out good fingers crossed.

Last edited:

rwcjose

new update so i was off today from work so i decided to work on my DA9 so I did the same technique like KRISX13 did and tied the frame to a tree and this is how it looked before i did anything to the front end.

looks really f**k up lol

so i was there for like maybe like 1hr to 1hr and a half trying to fix it so this is how it came out after i hammered here and there and pullled it wit the rope and tree lol.

way better so then after that i went home and it was only like 12pm so i just decided to take out my front end and just put the bumper support and the headlights and the hood.

thats how it looked when i took off the bumper, bumper support and the headlights.

hella dirty lol

so yeah i put everything together which was a bitch to put back but i think it came out good if i do say so myself what do u guys think?

Damn look at that sexy beast lol jk soon though.

now time to throw out the shitty headlights the bent hood and the bumper support i dont need lol

so let me know what u guys think about it.

dlo253

Can't complain for $200. Looks like you're headed in the right direction. What are you plans for it, besides Turbo..?

rwcjose

Well i wanna fix all the cosmetics first, then do suspension and once thats done im going to start wit the engine stuff Tommorow ima start sanding down the car Tommorow cause i got a great deal at a body shop for two cars both black im only going to pay 500 for everything i just have to do the sanding so yeah those are my plans so far

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

rwcjose

Yeah those headlights had to go Bye bye lol i dont like things like that. Im not sure wat kind of black, is there different kinds of black cause i know theres flat black and gloss black but thats all i know about.

dlo253

Hahaha well that's good.
Yes there are countless variations with any color of car paint.

dlo253

I feel it, that would be the cheapest by far. It works Haha, easy as hell to touch up too.

rwcjose

Yup ima start sanding it Tommorow if it doesn't end up raining again like today and I'm going to takes pics on how its coming out.then after that I'm going to replace my carpet and take out the back seat.