Noneed2hate's Build '01 LS integra

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
They all sound like crap. It's a 1.8l Honda.
Debatable, lol.
As for the intake question (sorry; I'm slow today), +1 on the 3" intake piping. Nick_C78 inspired me to do 3" intake piping with a velocity stack and oversized conical air filter on my last Integra and I haven't looked back. I've only currently got a gutted stock air intake at the moment. It's loud and flows okay, but I need an upgrade. I'll probably be doing a DIY ARC style box out of the factory airbox this time around just because I'm curious on how it'll work.
As far as exhaust, 2.25" is the way to go on the non-VTEC motors. I wouldn't go any bigger than 2.36"/2.38" (whatever it is..) on an N/A non-VTEC.
And Justin, you can make a Honda sound pretty good if you know what you're doing. It all comes down to your cat/test pipe and resonator selections. Hondas have to have a certain amount of resonation to sound right.

Noneed2Hate

If you're on a $600-$700 budget, get a DC Sports ITR spec 4-1 header with the 2.5" collector. It's stainless steel and it's like, $350. Then get a Yonaka cat-back. Very good exhaust for the money.

DC fart cannons sound like crap.
I never said I was getting a fart can anywhere.....

on another note, is a hydro axel for both passenger and driver a necessary part for the auto to manual swap? Unless automatics have hydro axels already...? Not sure.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
As far as exhaust, 2.25" is the way to go on the non-VTEC motors. I wouldn't go any bigger than 2.36"/2.38" (whatever it is..) on an N/A non-VTEC.
x2
If your going all motor, do a 2.25 or 2.36/2.38 inch exhaust MAX, if you go turbo you'll want a 3 inch system, so ditch the 2.5 inch exhaust idea. There's alot more 2.36/2.38 inch systems to choose from anyway.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
If you're on a $600-$700 budget, get a DC Sports ITR spec 4-1 header with the 2.5" collector. It's stainless steel and it's like, $350. Then get a Yonaka cat-back. Very good exhaust for the money.

DC fart cannons sound like crap.
Yonaka lol. I am half tempted to buy one and see how long it lasts me. Im sure i wouldnt make it a year on the muffler.

x2
If your going all motor, do a 2.25 or 2.36/2.38 inch exhaust MAX, if you go turbo you'll want a 3 inch system, so ditch the 2.5 inch exhaust idea. There's alot more 2.36/2.38 inch systems to choose from anyway.
unless you do a built motor. 2.5" will make power on a stage 2 cam or something.

Ted's Owner

I never said I was getting a fart can anywhere.....

on another note, is a hydro axel for both passenger and driver a necessary part for the auto to manual swap? Unless automatics have hydro axels already...? Not sure.
I don't know if DC makes anything other than fart cannons with their mufflers. Lol.
If you can find a DC muffler that isn't canister, go for it, dude! I'd actually be thoroughly curious to hear what it sounds like. :)
Yonaka lol. I am half tempted to buy one and see how long it lasts me. Im sure i wouldnt make it a year on the muffler.

unless you do a built motor. 2.5" will make power on a stage 2 cam or something.
If the muffler rusts out, get a MagnaFlow or a Vibrant.

And you're right. A built motor would benefit from a 2.5" in most cases.

Noneed2Hate

I don't know if DC makes anything other than fart cannons with their mufflers. Lol.
If you can find a DC muffler that isn't canister, go for it, dude! I'd actually be thoroughly curious to hear what it sounds like. :)

fart cans to me imply the "racer" mufflers that people buy at autozone and just weld them to their exhaust. but I'll try to get something decent ;) just for you babe :p

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

i dont mean rusting it out. I mean burning the packing out of it. My SP2 and my Skunk are starting to turn a tint of gold because of how hot the exhaust gets. I had packing in the muffler starting to show on my sp2 and i think it got burnt away last time i went to the track.

Ted's Owner

fart cans to me imply the "racer" mufflers that people buy at autozone and just weld them to their exhaust. but I'll try to get something decent ;) just for you babe :p
<3, lol.
I work Advance Auto Parts. We sell the same crappy mufflers. Every time I hear one, I die a little.
i dont mean rusting it out. I mean burning the packing out of it. My SP2 and my Skunk are starting to turn a tint of gold because of how hot the exhaust gets. I had packing in the muffler starting to show on my sp2 and i think it got burnt away last time i went to the track.
Oh! Well, who cares if it burns the packing out of it? As long as you have a proper amount of resonation throughout the entire system, burning the packing out of the muffler is just gonna make it louder and probably a little more raspy.
Why do you swap between two mufflers?

Noneed2Hate

<3, lol.
I work Advance Auto Parts. We sell the same crappy mufflers. Every time I hear one, I die a little.

Oh! Well, who cares if it burns the packing out of it? As long as you have a proper amount of resonation throughout the entire system, burning the packing out of the muffler is just gonna make it louder and probably a little more raspy.
I'm assuming 1 for street and another for track?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
<3, lol.

I have two because i have to meet sound at tracks - thunderhill and sonoma are 103dB while other tracks like laguna range from 90-92dB, if i burn the packing out of it (which muffles the sound) and i have no idea and i go to laguna i waste a bunch of money because i cant track. I wont get cheap exhaust systems for that reason. I run my skunk megapower when i dont have to meet sound.

just some food for thought when you buy parts.

Last edited: