Noneed2hate's Build '01 LS integra

Noneed2Hate

Fronts are easy
I think it's just the fact they are inserts and not plug and play so much like the rears. I'm always scared to cut stuff, I'm just very paranoid of doing that kind of stuff myself :p But I'm going to take a wack at it today :p

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What do you have to cut for the front? It's just 14 bolts including lug nuts. And all you need is a 10,12,14,17(x2),19mm sockets

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Good stuff, nice choices. Curious to see what the fronts look like... Post some pictures?

Noneed2Hate

What do you have to cut for the front? It's just 14 bolts including lug nuts. And all you need is a 10,12,14,17(x2),19mm sockets
Just got back from working on it, turns out I didn't have to cut anything... I watched one of the only videos for installing these on youtube and was like ZOMG I MUST DO IT LIKE THAT!

Unfortunately I didn't snag any pictures of the strut itself after I finished, but I snagged a few pics of my ride on the side of the road:

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

So if I do have eibach springs installed leave it be?

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Eibach comes pre stressed so the height it sits at will be the height that it will be. It might get lower when the shock fluid breaks in. I forget how long it takes for that to happen. My set up settled within 20 minutes on track.

Noneed2Hate

Eibach comes pre stressed so the height it sits at will be the height that it will be. It might get lower when the shock fluid breaks in. I forget how long it takes for that to happen. My set up settled within 20 minutes on track.
good to know, so maybe within a week of normal driving it should settle out? :p I'm digging them so far, I can really feel the difference on corners etc.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

I think he wants you to buy coilovers and sell your springs :lol: ;)

Looks clean dude!!
It'll be a minute before I do that since I just installed the stuff recently >_< all the blood, sweat, and tears :p

Appreciate it :D

Bought some Front and Rear Buddy Club P1 Camber kits off of Mr. JayVee

Installed, and aligned

Front (here you go KlutchDB7, if you want some more let me know)

Rear

This will be about it for suspension work for a while. Now onto my main focus - manual swap.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

Got a local shop lined up to do the manual swap, I have all the parts I need or on order/about to be ordered

Shop is SAE motorsports, looked at a lot of their work and reviews etc solid nothing below a 5 star review and they seem to genuinely care about their product. Quoted me at about $900 (but I'll only pay about $300 because bartering is awesome) for all the labor (a 12 hour job according to them).

Apparently they have a type R that they basically took apart and just have so I may or may not swap for better in terms of parts between the 2. Anything I should look out for specifically?

I'll be taking the car in within a few weeks or so and I CANT WAIT.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

phew! it's been a few months working up until this moment, but I finally did it! Just got my car back from the shop yesterday getting my manual swap done. So my car is now officially a 5spd manual teg.

Ended up putting a GSR tranny in since the one I pulled from the junkyard was an older gen cable clutch tranny instead of the hydraulic one I needed.

Interesting thing though, they ended up just using my auto ecu and gauge cluster and everything works fine, with the exception of the check engine light which is just from the computer trying to find a non-existent tranny. LOL

I may get this fixed in the future, or just wipe the codes so the light isn't glaring at me, and so I can trust it to come on when there is an ACTUAL issue.

The guy at SAE motorsports who worked on my car really took pride in his work, it took a little longer than I expected (supposed to take 3 days, but took 2 weeks) but overall I am satisfied and patience has definitely paid off!

So far is rides pretty well (especially considering I can't drive stick worth a damn)

Here are some new pics I just snapped today! Let me know what you guys think! :D

(some random teg I just parked next too)

Last edited: