Official DSLR Photography Thread

R13

The other asshole
Finally having more fun with my camera after being inspired by a youtube video of a pro who plays with a stock d3100.

It also seems the sweet spot in my lens is at 18mm rather than 35mm or 50mm like many seem to think, It's much clearer zoomed all the way out and after using 50mm so much for macro and that "cinematic" look it's helped me see that I haven't been exploring the possibilities as much as I should be. :)

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
I can't figure photoshop out so I just stick to the stone ages and use Lightroom. Although I should upgrade to 5 I heard good things about the update :/
Five? ur are in the stone ages..hehehe
:)
Photoshop CS5
Photoshop CS6
PhotoShop CC
PhotoShop 17..1
We are up to Photoshop CC 2014

I say upgrade to CC 2014 that is the newest update.:D

Photoshop is fairly easy to use...I wouldn't use it unless ur trying to do something photo manipulation or heavy layer decompressing. Stick with Lightroom if u just want to do light editing of your photos

treeafodo

Austin
Here is something a little different than what I normally post. I noticed a ton of black smoke coming from just the other side of the woods. So I quickly grabbed my camera and rushed out there on my BMX. Turns out it was the abandoned roofing plant that was once a bumper/chrome company. I've been wanting to go through this building for a while... They didn't turn out as good as I would have liked, but some pictures are better than no pictures. I should have had my 18-105 lens on the camera, not the 70-300, but that's all I had on me. Shortly after I got there the cops arrived and kicked everyone out, hence why they seem so rushed.
Smoke by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Ready, Aim, Fire by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Up in Smoke by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Comin' Through! by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Firefighter by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Those are cool shots! I like how that dude brings out the rescue saw to get through the chain link :lol: any excuse I guess.

XjoEnX

Austin and Ryan you both have improved ridiculously fast! Great work guys! I really like that ferris wheel shot with the lego guy. The bokeh on the Spoon exhaust is magnificent. :)

treeafodo

Austin
Thanks a lot, Joe!

Like I mentioned last night in the VIP thread I got the chance to go back to the building that burned down. Both the cop and security guard were super cool with me being there as long as I didn't cross the line. The cop even asked where I posted them so she could check out my work. She said if she liked them she may be interested in a print.
Police Line by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Front by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Sunset and Rubble by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Sunset by Austin Rajki, on Flickr