oval track mini stock, hornet, imca racecar cut or stall issue

knishkustomz

can anyone figure out what was causing this?The car is stock, stripped, roll cage, stock b18a1 stock exhaust manifold with straight exhaust. it runs around 4.5k to 7k for 10-25 laps depending on the race, but i have had a fuel problem since i built this car which. happens after about 5-10 laps running in just second gear with out shifting then again every 2-3 after the first stall. im not hiting the rev limiter. the car cuts out and seems to pulsate fuel until it drops to 4k rpms. i have talked to others that race integras and they have had it too but nobody knows how to fix it. i noticed that if i shift gears when it stalls then i have full power again and can shift back down into second and run a few more laps before it does it again. I believe its something getting hot and sending a signal to the ecu to limit fuel, but what? or maybe i cut an important ground wire somewhere in the harness when i stripped out all the unneeded wiring?). i have replaced the engine harness, body harness, ecu, injectors, IAC, TB, distributor, about every sensor i can see, fuel pump, ignition switch. I can park my car and hold it at about 5500 rpms in neutral for about 2 minutes or so and it stalls like on the track until you completly let off the throttle. it has a fuel cell with factory pump and wired to a on off switch. also it does have steel fuel lines ran under the car (illegal to have fuel lines in drivers compartment). any help would be much appreciated. thank you

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It sounds like your car is going in limp mode. If you still have the factory cluster, does it throw a CEL? An aftermarket ECU program may be able to fix the problem

knishkustomz

no. i dont have the cluster. has to be factory ecu unmodified. would tech be able to tell that it has an aftermarket program when they take the ecu out and test it? im trying to figure out why it would be going into limp mode and what i can do to stop it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
is the cell baffled? Maybe your pump is dying

and you can see if its a chipped ecu

knishkustomz

yea the fuel cell is baffeled. i dont think it is the pump. it happens exactly the same evrytime. drops rpms to 4k exactly then pulses up and down to 4k

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Maybe try a new ECU, but if it's happening across the board, Idk if that will work

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Install a fuel gauge inside the cockpit to see whats going on with the fuel you may have burnt something in the ecu, or something

knishkustomz

i dont know anything about these cars other than this one is pissing me off. it would be a top 3 car if it would make more than 5 laps at a time.