oval track mini stock, hornet, imca racecar cut or stall issue

knishkustomz

i think the grounds are good. what grounds should i double check again that might cause this? i eliminated all the wiring that ran to the front corners of the car(headlights, signals, etc) i wouldnt think there would be anything in there that would cause it. i cut it off around the strut tower area forward

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i think the grounds are good. what grounds should i double check again that might cause this? i eliminated all the wiring that ran to the front corners of the car(headlights, signals, etc) i wouldnt think there would be anything in there that would cause it. i cut it off around the strut tower area forward
why not just unplug the wires or something? just simply cutting them may be causing wires to ground out and cause problems. there are 3 grounds on the motor, head, tranny, and thermostat, make sure those are tight. did you mess with stuff inside the car?

is there a way to get rid of limp mode? or reprogram it?
no you have to fix it

knishkustomz

this car is gutted to the max. there is no dash in it, so most of that wiring is removed. nothing was cut except for the headlight wiring because it doesnt unplug anywhere to remove the wiring mess

knishkustomz

another thing that is prob completly unrelated but i thought was wierd. when i got the car it wouldnt turn over withe the key. key turned everything on like normal, i just wired the starter solenoid to a push button and it works fine. i put a new ignition switch in and it still doesnt work.

knishkustomz

being its a racecar, is it possible to change some wiring to stop it from going into limp mode or stop it from only reving to 4k in limp mode?

Last edited:

natt2000

i have replaced the main relay, but it does kinda sound like the rev limiter is about 4k when it does it.
If it sounds like a rev limitier, it in fact going into limp mode, which means its a sensor or wiring to a sensor. Check for bad connections at pins, nicks in wire, sensors, etc. the only way to truely know what's going on is if you could somehow pull a code. Why not wire up a lightbulb to the cel pins of the ecu, and get the code that way?

natt2000

You can't just eliminate limp mode altogether with the stock ecu though. You could eliminate it by switching to a chipped ecu, with a stock map and limp mode disabled.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you wanted to blow your motor yes. Its doing this because something is going bad somewhere, did you test all the lights and sensors? what fuel pump do you have?