oval track mini stock, hornet, imca racecar cut or stall issue

integraracing7

I race a 93 integra also i have had the exact same issues with my car for a full season. I know the agervation! It is something to do with the wireing harness when we disconnect everything. I chipped my ecm with the hondata tune and it works perfect again no stalling or anything. I understand it might be illegal but i would talk to your tech and tell him that it is something that will stop it. Its about 500 but it will put you back up front.

Danimal Racing

Hey guys...New here but I also asphalt race in Illinois. A bunch of us had a problem with our integras 92-95 which is obd1 going into limp mode. The fix is to rechip the ecu. You need to remove all errors that would cause limp mode. Basically the ecu can't keep up and thinks the car is having a heart attack. Haha. and shuts down for a bit to take a breather.. We run a stock class as well but this is the only way around it and our tech is aware. We've had the same symptom with an auto, manual and a gsr. Problem fixed.

DA9teg1

probably not the reason but might as well throw it in here. i bought a 90 integra with the same motor fan sensor went guy put it on a aux switch. well i forgot to turn it on one night and it did that after it started to over heat. do you have a temp gauge. if so what temp is it at when it does it. so your engine could be over heating and then sending itself into "limp mode". never heard that term before.

DA9teg1

okay well then im willing to bet that it overheating.

my street car did that pretty much was redlining at 4 gran had to pull over and let it cool off took bout 15 mins for it to get that hot but probably the same time that it takes you to get 5 laps. just check that out couldnt hurt to check.

DA9teg1

on the contrary i have a short in the fan wiring going tot he aux switch the guy had done before i bought the car. but i was just saying that when it overheats it does what the guy is describing.

DA9teg1

you are very right about that. just thought that it might be that seeing as mine done the exact same thing. but it could very well be something completely different.

Danimal Racing

well here i go with this. i went out to get my ecu chipped disabling anything that could cause the car to go into "limp mode" and still having an issue. Car hauls for first few laps and still acts up, get off the gas for a second and back at it for a few more laps. Well, check this out. We didn't have a cluster either because the cross bar got put in so week 1 we ran with out and we didnt like that. So relocated it off to the right and didnt hook up the speedo cable, didnt reach and before it just dangled out of the fire wall. Reading up on VSS i think this is our issue. Follow me here. Im assuming the car is a 92-93. Mine is a 92. We have a cable driven speedo off the trans that goes into the cluster than from the cluster sends a signal to the ecu (VSS). Vehicle Speed Sensor. I'm guessing if you are reving the engine for a long period of time the ecu is saying what the heck we ain't moving, so it trys to shut down and reset for a moment. We are attempting to reconnect and try it again this weekend. Its my car but i let someone else run it, i run a prelude every week. Hope this helps. i to have swapped ecu's, temp sensors, dist., plugs wires ect...See you guys later with an update. oh, supposedly you can not disable the VSS signal in the ecu. That is one of the few that you can not, so i was told.

Last edited:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
yea you need the CEL in ODB1 car to be working so you can count flashes for codes when you jumper the ecu..

odb0 cars you read codes off the ECU itself