Post your PC/Gaming rig!

SoundEfx

HR, you have a lot to learn, but it comes down to this. Make sure that the mother board, RAM and CPU works with each other.

There is nothing more frustrating than buying RAM that doesn't work with your very picky mother board,

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
HR, you have a lot to learn, but it comes down to this. Make sure that the mother board, RAM and CPU works with each other.

There is nothing more frustrating than buying RAM that doesn't work with your very picky mother board,
Yeah, you don't have to tell me twice... Every video I watch with information sounds like gibberish to me.. I really want to run the i5 and since it's an 1150, and ASUS z87/97 should be an exact match.. right? I'm not sure if it's overkill or just the right one. :oops:

phatintegra

Banned
HR. The best route is to upgrade the CPU to another AMD and upgrade the GPU and you may have to upgrade the PSU. Do you know what motherboard is in the case right now?

It's going to cost to much money to switch from AMD to Intel when you already have a complete case.

R13

The other asshole
Trying to upgrade cpu's with an old mobo is kind of a waste as well.

Newegg is the easiest place to find what parts you need and learn about PC building while you're shopping.

If you can afford it the best thing on a "budget" I can recommend is the 4690k like you said, and ASUS or MSI mobo (Just read reviews/look at customer ratings).

I would really recommend getting a GTX960 4gb or better though, 2gb cards aren't really enough for modern games. Obviously EVGA makes the best cards, Asus makes good ones too, and I haven't heard many bad things about msi cards, they're just the more budget oriented ones.

Probably wouldn't hurt to get some gskill ripjaws/sniper series or mushkin 1866 ram, the 2x4gb dual channel 8gb ram is pretty standard, works with pretty much any dual channel mobo.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
That's the thing, I don't even know what motherboard it has. I tried to look at the specifications from the original website but it doesn't really say it although someone did mention that it would be best to upgrade it. I would really prefer an intel based CPU since the they usually seem better than AMD's (from my research). I know about newegg, they got some great prices on things :lol:. I have plenty of time before I start making purchases, I won't be able to buy any parts for myself till after the holidays.

phatintegra

Banned
That's the thing, I don't even know what motherboard it has. I tried to look at the specifications from the original website but it doesn't really say it although someone did mention that it would be best to upgrade it. I would really prefer an intel based CPU since the they usually seem better than AMD's (from my research). I know about newegg, they got some great prices on things :lol:. I have plenty of time before I start making purchases, I won't be able to buy any parts for myself till after the holidays.
Good website is https://pcpartpicker.com/ that will also tell if your parts or compatible and also it gives you a price on each hardware and a overall total price. Good website if your on a budget or you want to check other builds.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

press the Windows key + R and type in dxdiag and press enter. This will show you the basic specifics and names of your hardware.

I'm running a gigabyte Z97-HD3 with an i5 4690k processor and Hyperx Fury RAM

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Don't forget to delete system 32 if you want better performance, it's just bloating up your hard drive.

R13

The other asshole
Typically yes, unless you have a key and can put the file on a flash drive.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Go into Registry (type regedit in the start menue search) and click Local Computer scroll down to software and delete it. It'll get rid of all the bloat ware and make an extra 1 TB on whatever drive you have, no matter what "space" they tell you you have. It's a computer technician secret for our gaming rigs. Must be WIN 7 or newer though