Post your PC/Gaming rig!

Noneed2Hate

wireless is not that bad especially if your service provider has a fiber line option which means speed. I have AT&T Uverse with a fiber line ran to my building, instead of standard coax which is really nice.

So wired vs. wireless isn't the big issue, just the provider you use. (plus most will throttle the hell out of the "advertised" speeds

R13

The other asshole
Yes, The adapter plugs in to a pci slot on the motherboard, windows should automatically download and install the drivers.

SSD is the same as adding another hard drive, Just connect it to power on the power supply harness, Plug in the sata cable, Turn on the pc and it will either pop up a window letting you know it found it or you can go to your drives list and it will be there, It's advised to format it before putting anything on it.

You can format a drive in windows by right clicking it and you will see an option that says "format"

Don't format anything with important stuff on it like the operating system as that will delete everything on the drive.

You probably already know what formatting is. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
wireless is not that bad especially if your service provider has a fiber line option which means speed. I have AT&T Uverse with a fiber line ran to my building, instead of standard coax which is really nice.

So wired vs. wireless isn't the big issue, just the provider you use. (plus most will throttle the hell out of the "advertised" speeds
My router has wireless and it's pretty much as fast as wired, I would say in an online gaming situation your ping is probably more stable with wired but that's about all you'll notice.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Yes, The adapter plugs in to a pci slot on the motherboard, windows should automatically download and install the drivers.

SSD is the same as adding another hard drive, Just connect it to power on the power supply harness, Plug in the sata cable, Turn on the pc and it will either pop up a window letting you know it found it or you can go to your drives list and it will be there, It's advised to format it before putting anything on it.

You can format a drive in windows by right clicking it and you will see an option that says "format"

Don't format anything with important stuff on it like the operating system as that will delete everything on the drive.

You probably already know what formatting is. :lol:
As far as it being an easy install to the motherboard on the list you linked me to what's a good one to pick up from the site ? I mean if I have wireless internet at max my connection should be strong for internet to run and online games smoothly right ? &yes I know how to format haha but thanks for that info guess it's good to know for future upgrades . Really appreciate it man might check out frys and see if they can price match the list since its local .

Sent from my Integra.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I'd go for this one, I actually need to pick one up, My little single antenna isn't strong enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320074
Thanks man that price is cheap too ! Is this functional with my setup you helped me out with ? I've got an uncle who is great woth computers I'll possibly come to him for help to build this and learn the right way the first time for future building on my own .

Sent from my Integra.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
So I hit up frys and got the motherboard priced matched with mail-in rebate of $15 , video card price matched , and wireless network adaptor for $29.99 its on special rn at frys if you still tryna upgrade man .

Now just need to order rest of parts online for best pricing and I'll be updating on your thread good looking R13

Edit: Got around to ordering rest of parts should be delivering all within week and next looking forward to it !

Sent from my Integra.

Last edited:

JayVee

2Dr Banger
:thumbs up
Got the new setup , uncle helped me out .

But once i hooked up my vga to dvi adaptor to my monitor it had a very dark pinkish hue and idk if this is right , here's a photo .

Much help appreciated:/ ha

Sent from my Integra.

R13

The other asshole
Hmm... Try hooking it up to another monitor, If that doesn't work switch the cable out ...and if that doesn't work you'll need to return your video card and swap it for a new one. :(

R13

The other asshole
If you twist your heatsink up the exhaust fan will pull the immediate warmer air out of the case. :)