VHT Wrinkle Red
10mm socket (essential)
Head Gasket
Grommets
Bolts
All-Purpose Degreaser
Auto Paint Stripper
Masking Tape

i spent hours running around with my cousin buying supplies to strip and paint my valve cover.
well to start off we stripped the paint and went to the local car wash to pressure wash off the paint. hardest part was scraping off the paint around tight areas. we then covered the holes with masking tape. blasted 3 thick coats of VHT Wrinkle Red and placing it in the oven for 1HR on 200. it came out perfect, but i wasnt able to take pictures since it was too dark. also i changed the spark plugs and wires for the heck of it.

PICTURES UP TOMORROW.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
where do they sell this "VHT" wrinkle paint?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i heard they sold it a pepboys but i dont have it in my area. instead i ordered it on sportcompactonly.com it took three days. but it was worth the wait and they send you a bonus hat that i WOULD NEVER wear. it was 20$ for the paint and 10$ for shipping i believe.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
got damn $30? either i'm a cheap bastard or thats a grip for a spray can... lol. but thanks for the info :thumbup:

btw you talking about a carbon fiber spark plug cover or the stock ones?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
carbon fiber would be awesome but i wouldnt mind the stock ones either. so help me out. thanks.

i love the fact that you have to bake the valve cover, it felt like i was making a cake.

GSROWNSU

onepoint-gsr said:
Ive never heard of baking it after you apply the paint.
the wrinkle paint you need to bake in the oven for the paint to cure correctly and get the "wrinkles" like the factory valve covers come.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
ITS TODAY! get some pics! lol

I wanna see it. the guy that had my car before me painted my valve cover. I'll get some pics of it up later if i remember to do so.

R1DC2

Got Integra?
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
later today. i need to file off the paint on the words so that the shiny metal shows.
Sweet!!! Cant wait to see it!!! In 2 weeks or so im gonna get mine powdercoated candy blue... :D

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
carbon fiber would be awesome but i wouldnt mind the stock ones either. so help me out. thanks.

i love the fact that you have to bake the valve cover, it felt like i was making a cake.
http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SP-CPCB16B <-----thats the real deal, im sure you can find a knock off somewhere else.....i would pay 145 tho...that's b/c im dumbe tho :lol:

hopefully that helps....oh yeah and for the guy that said $30 is a lot.....its a lot cheaper than paying 150+ for a new red one :lol: think of it like that.....

Last edited: