Project Valve Cover

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
SilverDB8 said:
looks good... beisdes the smudge your friend left on top of the C... i'd be pretty anal about it... thats why i'm painting my cover again... lol
lol yeah i was pretty mad about it. if i had the chance to do it over, i would. it was a good experience but its too late into the season. its starting to get colder. and plus i dont wanna buy the paint again........

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha u shoulda smacked your friend and be like.... "you just depreciated the value of my valve cover... now buy me a beer!".... lol

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
Materials:
VHT Wrinkle Red
10mm socket (essential)
Head Gasket
Grommets
Bolts
All-Purpose Degreaser
Auto Paint Stripper
Masking Tape

i spent hours running around with my cousin buying supplies to strip and paint my valve cover.
well to start off we stripped the paint and went to the local car wash to pressure wash off the paint. hardest part was scraping off the paint around tight areas. we then covered the holes with masking tape. blasted 3 thick coats of VHT Wrinkle Red and placing it in the oven for 1HR on 200. it came out perfect, but i wasnt able to take pictures since it was too dark. also i changed the spark plugs and wires for the heck of it.

PICTURES UP TOMORROW.

only person i know of that replaced the head gasket when painting the valve cover. i just replaced the valve cover gasket.:D

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
8urcivic said:
only person i know of that replaced the head gasket when painting the valve cover. i just replaced the valve cover gasket.:D
well i decided too just incase of any defects over the years.no such thing as being too safe.