Rabbits 01 DC4 Build *Lotta Pics*

White_Rabbit

Well, figured I'd start my build thread now.

Its a 2001 Acura Integra LS Crap-o-matic err Automatic.

I bought it with 103,xxx miles on it.

Here's how it looks when I first got it.

BLING BLING BITCHES!

Got rid of my bling for a set of 18" motegi MR7's in Hyper Black

Way too big so I swapped out for a set of 17" konig tantrums.

Decided to paint my calipers. Here's how they looked

Tore em all down pressure washed and cleaned with brake parts cleaner. Taped up ready for paint.

Primed

First coat of white

Put back on the car

Changed to clear corners

Got a set of black Motegi's in 16" instead

Carbon Fiber Hood

My new motor

Specs on it

Head
JUN dual valve springs
JUN titanium retainers
Ferrea 1mm oversized valves,
'98 Type R cams,
AEM adjustable Cam gears,
Head has been Port & Polished with ceramic coated valve face and combustion chamber,
New OEM valve and cam seals,
Type R valve cover.

Block:
B18C1 with Eagle rods,
JE pistons,
Type R oil pump,
New Honda bearings and seals,
Steel Head bolt inserts and head studs, .
020 stainless wire o-rings,
.043 copper head gasket.

Intake system:
JG Edelbrock intake manifold, DPR 64mm over bored throttle body.

This motor made 500whp on this setup at 20psi and ran a 10.9 at 133mph in the 1/4 mile on 16 psi.

My 9k HID kit I need to install when I get back from Atlanta.

White_Rabbit

Well, Jon (Kab00m) came out tonight and we started in on the motor. Big thanks to him it was nice to have someone helping and he was a big help. We made WAY better progress than I thought. We started disconnecting harnesses, wires, lines, etc... to pull the motor. I'm picking up the engine hoist tomorrow. If I would have had it tonight I think we could have had it on the ground tonight. We ran into a few problems. Broke a breaker bar, few exhaust manifold bolts, and some tight squeezes but over all it went great. I got a few pics.

Front bumper and hood off.

New motor waiting to go to its new home.

Jon (Kab00m) wrenching on the integra.

Hoses, lines, wires, radiator all gone.

Broke some manifold bolts trying to get them off

VICTORY!

Bags of all my bolts labeled so I dont forget where each one went.

White_Rabbit

Day 2

Well progress wasn't as good tonight. I got a late start and ran into problems. I went out to L'Orange and ordered a jumper harness to go from obd2 to obd1. Then I had to go out to Crestview and pick up the engine hoist. By the time I did all that and ate I didn't start wrenching until almost 8:30. Vern came out for a little bit but had to leave because he had to get up early.

Pics:

Vern being...well vern lol :happy9:

Vern working on getting the condenser out. Who needs ac when you run 10's? lmao

So I kept getting hung up and couldn't figure out why. Found this lil SOB as the culprit.

I learned that if I drop the upper control arm I could move the spindle enough to persude the axle to come out.

Where I left off at. So close yet so far.

I ran into needing my flat pry bar from my storage unit to pop the axles outta the tranny. Then with hopes I could finish lifting the engine and tranny out. I hope, but it seems the tranny keeps getting caught up on the frame rail, but with the axles out I think I can push it around and wiggle it to come out.

White_Rabbit

Day 3

So I got back to work on it this evening. I started trying to pull the axles and Javier (TwinChargedCRX) showed up with my parts. He did what I been trying to do for an hour in about 10 minutes, lmao. So thanks to him I got the axles out, tranny cable disconnected, finished dropping the exhaust and started lifting the motor out.

On with the pics

Javier helping the motor out

Good bye stock LS and auto tranny

Naked engine bay

Engine and TC without the tranny. I actually disconnected all the bolts except one I seemed to miss, lol. So the TC stayed on the engine when I seperated it because of one 10mm bolt. HAHA oh well not a big deal

Auto tranny...yea this wont be going back in.

Big ass turbo, lighted flywheel, and stage 3 clutch.

Spearco FMIC

Everything I need to do my auto to manual swap.

Big thanks to Javier for coming out and bringing my parts and helping me get this motor out.

White_Rabbit

Thanks guys. I took vday off tomorrow i'm back at it again. I hope by next weekend to be pulling her out of the garage for a tune.

White_Rabbit

thats awesome man. that an army bag i see? haha im in the navy. but looking great man. great progress
Yea its an army bag but I'm air force. I'm getting ready to deploy with the Army for 8 months. I'll be doing convoy's of gun trucks in and out of Kuwait to Iraq.

More pics to come later today. Getting ready to go work on the car some more.

LovesIntegras

damn thats crazy bro. i leave for basic next month and then a school in florida for aviation :D but gl on your whip game bro. its comin along very nicely