Rattle Can Paint Job, Status- DONE

pudge818

BIG "O"
Paint's holding fine. I've bumped it quite a few times while working on the car w/out incident. The sanding and light clear coat is what makes the difference.

Granted, I don't drive the car around every day (or at all right now cuz it's out of a motor ATM) but the satin came out looking nice and it's about as durable as a normal paint job in terms of bumping it and hitting it and such.
cool im probably starting thanksgiving long weekend:)

SleepWalker42o

home depot.
I found some at a local store called Meijers =] 7.99 for 25' x 38' lmao. enough for any job.

smoke weed everyday.

damn republicans! lol
I like your enthusiasm lol.

Update- I rough sanded everything including bumpers and now im gonna fine sand everything and get dings and rust ready for bodywork.

ALSO!! I organized part of my garage to be able to park my car in there =] and theres enough room for all the body work and paint! i thank weed for this. got blazed n put myself to work. Ill take pics soonly. girlfriend stole my camera again.

FURTHERMORE i Changed my fuel filter, damn i feel acomplished.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
tokin it up and getting shit done. amen, brother!

those rattle can paint jobs in thread look really nice. almost inspire myself. white, black, or even that tan rustolem job look hella good. if i didn't love my car so much, i would give it a try. waiting for the pics...

SleepWalker42o

tokin it up and getting shit done. amen, brother!

those rattle can paint jobs in thread look really nice. almost inspire myself. white, black, or even that tan rustolem job look hella good. if i didn't love my car so much, i would give it a try. waiting for the pics...

That thread inspired me to do this. lol my roof was rusting and my trunk was too since i removed the spoiler.

UPDATE: got caught in the rain getting primer from ace hardware. Gettin ahead of myself. . . Now im drying my car off in the garage with heaters.
Also removing bumpers, reading up on how to right now. Rear bumper screws are a little rusted so i sprayed PB Buster on it to soak for a bit.

Futhermore does anyone know how to remove side moldings? or do you think it would look better painted with the car?

SleepWalker42o

screwdriver?

i'd problibly leave them on...

its 4:19, got a minute?
Yeah im leaving them on. Seems like too much of a pain in the ass lol. I wanna spend the next 3 days working on this.

I have some pictures n questions.

When I got it =]

Now. As it sits in the garage.

Spoiler Holes.
Gotta Fiberglass and fill.

Other.
My Rims =]

The Primer i used.

Anyone ever try these? Electronic Cigarettes. lolz.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Electro cigs are horrible for you lol, worse than normal cigs. But anyway good luck with the paint man

SleepWalker42o

Electro cigs are horrible for you lol, worse than normal cigs. But anyway good luck with the paint man
Well from what ive heard they're safer. Its water vapor, such as a vaporizer you would use for smoking herb =] . Theres only nicotine from electro cigs. No tobacco or any of that other jazz. :D

SleepWalker42o

This is becoming more body work than i expected. This absolutely sucks. This is my daily and i hate having it sit in the garage, going out there every 45 mins to do something. -sigh- i wish i bought a car somewhere it doesnt rust. I FUCKING HATE RUST.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
i'm using e-cigs...lol haven't smoked a regular cig for really long, so i'm happy. plus i've been cutting the nicotine strength down in hopes that i'll be done by new years.

you didn't weld the holes shut? how are you treating the rust?

SleepWalker42o

i'm using e-cigs...lol haven't smoked a regular cig for really long, so i'm happy. plus i've been cutting the nicotine strength down in hopes that i'll be done by new years.

you didn't weld the holes shut? how are you treating the rust?
Yeah my pops was all giddy when i showed him the e-cigarettes i had to give it to him. He looked like he would enjoy it more than i would. But i liked it, menthol is best.

Unfortunately i didnt weld the holes shut =[. i just fiberglassed underneath and body filler on top. I just learned how to do those two things lol. As for the rust im grinding it all down to the metal and using rust neutralizer and also my primer helps remove rust =p. Im trying to make as many precautions as i can. But this is a rattle can paint job =D so it doesn't have to be perfect. Especially with winter coming up.

Update- I have my car primed to see all the little imperfections, except my bumpers. The rear one is still attached cuz this damn screw stripped on me. So im sanded it on the car still, meh i need to get a new rear bumper. Mine is all sorts of fucked up bottom right of it. Im not digging it at all. Hopefully hb42o can sell me his 90-91 bumper [ Question, will the bumper be a exact fit? i havent searched yet but i might as well ask here too.]

Well sorry if i blabbered a little bit, im a tad bit blunted.

OH and also is there like a putty of some sort that is used to fill in tiny scratches in bodywork? like a lighter, slow drying body filler type deal.

Wtf. . . thanks for all your inputs and whut not ahead of time.

SleepWalker42o

Update- Used body filler on low spots and touched up with spot putty. About to get my last sanding down in a bit when the bondo drys. Then prime and paint =]

Heres some pictures.
Question, Should i paint the grill part white also? seems like a pain in the ass to tape up. Also the licsense plate holder, should i do a delete and move the licsense plate to the right side of the bumper? seems fairly easy.

Mmmmm White Castle.

Thanks ill take more pics later.