Rattle Can Paint Job, Status- DONE

SleepWalker42o

dude super nice! so you wet sanded when? after the primer?
Thanks =D everyones enjoying it so far lol. I suppose i did a great job lol. Yeah i wetsanded after primer and after clear coat. i haven't had the chance to polish n wax yet. still looking on what kind i shud get.:D

broken_scars

with any kind of plastic or paper with ANY kind of print it can easily run onto the body and that is a bitch to get off...remember that all clears have a yellow tint so if you get to much its gonna show. make sure the car is grounded and you sweep and mop all around. get a good tip for the paint. any metal areas use a self etch primer or else the primer and paint wont stick for long. also with 280 grit paper you might run into the same issue. if your going to be using a primer make sure you rough it up with 80 grit...after each coat make sure you use a tac cloth and wipe it off to remove all the dry spray or else your spraying the overspray

TRACK_R_DC

looks good, makes me want to do one of those paint jobs.

broken_scars

DO NOT USE NEWSPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!! half of my life is spent in a paint booth and i see news paper print all over some doors and windows from diy can jobs. dont get me wrong i have nothing against them if there done right. the film from the paint can easily make the pigment from the ink run...use 1/4 inch tape and attach it to a solid paper...if you do make sure its the comic section so you will have something funny to read haha..and ya a trigger is a good idea

chronsolo

MAD MAN
you man if you want good polish and wax stick with mcqwuires (sp?) nxt generation products, 3m makes the best shit ever but it''s spendy and you can't pick it up at checker's. and MAD props on pulling off a rattle can job properly, i'm almost jealous.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
hella nice dude! yeah it even makes want to sand down my paint and do it just to try it and get good at it! lol.

malachi12

wow, this is really good, i have a primer job as of now, im thinking about just clear coating it myself now....

what brand of clear coat did you use? :)