Rev the SH*T out of my TEG!

ModemDron

DA_Dron
What up guys? So I have a very important question that must be answered! lol I am new to driving stick and I was wondering if it is bad for my 1993 2dr integra B18a1 to Shift at high revs... a week ago i would shift at 3,000rpm. Lately i have been shifting at 5000-6500rpm in 1st, 2nd,3rd, & sometimes 4th. I mostly do it because i find it fun:twisted: So Is it bad for the engine to rev that high? or shift at such high revs?

PS: My integra is all stock except for the AEM Short Ram, soon to join will be headers i just bought.
:smileyR:

tork_sd89

Baywatch
yea.. that's smart. Dude you're gonna mess somethin up racing around everyday.. once in a while. sure.. but constantly.. everyday? I don't think you have the $$$ to go thru rebuilds as often as race cars do.. so i'd say shift normally and you'll save gas too

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
this guy sounds like me... I didnt realize it was that bad. I guess I'll stop

ModemDron

DA_Dron
Ok good! I really wasn't sure if it was bad for my vehicle or not... lol I actually was thinking of swapping my engine for a newer Vtec one. And i don't do it every day... i'd say i do it twice a day and i stop once i hit the speed limit but in 1st i almost redline that SH*T! I only do that once a day lol for the past two days only though.

ModemDron

DA_Dron
Well let me just thank you guys for setting me straight! I really appreciate it. I'm stuck on 3,000rpm from now on:D I don't what to F up my car.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
if you had a rotary engine, its required you redline it at least once a day :thumbs up never gonna blow up

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It's weird to be in this position, but here goes.
You're always damaging your engine, you're just putting more stress on it by running it to it's max. Like if you sprint all the time, you wouldn't be able run as far as if you were to take it easier. It depends on what your plans are, how many miles you have, etc.. I run my car to 8k daily, but not every shift; I bought my car to have some fun, so that's what I do within a certain amount of limitations dealing with safety of myself and others.
Idk if that makes much sense, I'm a bit drunk
wow ur retarded and let the flaming commence! damn noobs haha
Irony

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
once in a while is fine. as mentioned above, why not have a little fun?

i downshift to 3rd on the freeway to redline and powershift into 4th for a second, up to 5th and let it drag back down to speed limit.

i even go as far as redlining 2nd and chirping 3rd. i know my clutch could handle it.

if something breaks, i got money to fix it and have an excuse for an upgrade :D

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES

i downshift to 3rd on the freeway to redline and powershift into 4th for a second, up to 5th and let it drag back down to speed limit.

i even go as far as redlining 2nd and chirping 3rd. i know my clutch could handle it.

x2

KiNGKAOS

x3 TRUE THAT SH!T LOL